Sunday, July 25, 2021

Horrible day.

 A cluster headache woke me up yesterday at 7:00 and it took me an hour to make the pain subside but still felt it was lingering in my head.

I had a conversation with a friend at 12:00 but had to cut it short when the headache decided to pay me another visit. I took the usual 3 pills of Apap Extra, put ice on my head, and laid down on the bed. One hour passed, then another but there was no declination of pain. Another hour passed, I took 3 more pills, more ice, and still no difference. It continued throughout the evening until about 21:30(9:30 PM) when the pain exited and I could resume living. This was, by far, the worst of the headaches so far. It is so debilitating. Hard as I try to think of something pleasant, the pain is so sharp it prevents it. It seems like a blood vessel is expanding to an explosion status.

A friend of mine who suffers from migraine headaches says she ingests the medicine, Imigran, that alleviates the pain. I will call my neurologist Monday and see if it is possible to also take it when needed.

On the bright side, it's 23:15(11 PM) and the headache is gone so soon I will try sleeping and hope not to be awoken by a headache again. Two days in a row is enough for me.

6:00 Today. I had such a terrible headache at 4:00 that I considered going to emergency but I don't know what to do with Joan. Who will take care of her? This is not good.

Klasterowy ból głowy obudził mnie wczoraj o 7:00 i zajęł godzinę, po czym ustąpił, ale nadal czułem, że utrzymuje się w mojej głowie.

O 12:00 miałem rozmowę z przyjacielem, ale musiałem ją przerwać, kiedy ból głowy postanowił złożyć mi kolejną wizytę. Wziąłem jak zwykle 3 tabletki Apapu Extra, przyłożyłem lód do głowy i położyłem się na łóżku. Minęła godzina, potem kolejna, ale ból nie zmniejszał się. Minęła kolejna godzina, wziąłem jeszcze 3 tabletki, więcej lodu i nadal bez różnicy. Trwało to przez cały wieczór, aż do około 21:30 (9:30 PM), kiedy ból ustąpił i mogłem wrócić do życia. To był zdecydowanie najgorszy z dotychczasowych bólów głowy. To jest tak wyniszczające. Choćbym próbował myśleć o czymś przyjemnym, ból jest tak ostry, że nie pozwala mi na to. Wydaje się jakby naczynie krwionośne rozszerzało się, aby eksplodować.

Moja przyjaciółka , która cierpi na migrenowe bóle głowy mówi , że połyka lek o nazwie Imigran, który łagodzi ból. W poniedziałek zadzwonię do mojego neurologa i zobaczę, czy to jest możliwe, by też wziąć ten lek w razie potrzeby.

Z dobrej strony, jest 23:15 (11 PM) i ból głowy minął, więc wkrótce spróbuję zasnąć i mam nadzieję, że nie obudzi mnie znowu ból głowy. Dwa dni z rzędu to dla mnie wystarczająco dużo.

Dzisiaj. O 4:00 tak strasznie bolała mnie głowa, że rozważałem wyjazd na pogotowie, ale nie wiem co zrobić z Joan. Kto się nią zaopiekuje? Nie jest dobrze.

 Una cefalea en racimos me despertó ayer a las 7:00 y tardé una hora en hacer que el dolor remitiera, pero seguía sintiéndose en mi cabeza.

Tuve una conversación con un amigo a las 12:00 pero tuve que interrumpirla cuando el dolor de cabeza decidió hacerme otra visita. Me tomé las tres pastillas habituales de Apap Extra, me puse hielo en la cabeza y me tumbé en la cama. Pasó una hora, luego otra, pero no disminuyó el dolor. Pasó otra hora, tomé 3 pastillas más, más hielo, y todavía no hubo diferencia. Continuó durante toda la noche hasta las 21:30 (21:30), cuando el dolor desapareció y pude volver a vivir. Este fue, de lejos, el peor de los dolores de cabeza hasta ahora. Es tan debilitante. Por mucho que intente pensar en algo agradable, el dolor es tan agudo que lo impide. Parece como si un vaso sanguíneo se expandiera hasta convertirse en una explosión.

Una amiga mía que sufre migrañas dice que ingiere el medicamento Imigran, que alivia el dolor. Llamaré a mi neurólogo el lunes y veré si es posible tomarlo también cuando sea necesario.

El lado positivo es que son las 23:15 (11 PM) y el dolor de cabeza ha desaparecido, así que pronto intentaré dormir y espero no volver a despertarme por un dolor de cabeza. Dos días seguidos es suficiente para mí.

Hoy a las 6:00. He tenido un dolor de cabeza tan terrible a las 4:00 que me he planteado ir a urgencias pero no sé qué hacer con Joan. ¿Quién se ocupará de ella? Esto no es bueno.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:39 AM

    Look into something called Diatomaceous Earth. Get food grade only. It takes months to clean the body, but people report health miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:26 PM

    Worth trying, David.

    But, in all seriousness, I had come across Diatomaceous Earth also
    (a previous posting where you mentioned you had ants in your apt; I sent you a link, but then, came across the DT reference later and forgot to send it your way). So, was very surprised to read someone
    else's posting today mentioning it-- but for an entirely different reason!

    Being I don't believe in "coincidences" (I do believe in sychronicity and serendipity), maybe you ought to get some of this (food grade for yourself) and otherwise, if you still have ants. I bought a bag of cat litter the other day, which lists the enclosed material as...
    Diatomaceous Earh!! (obviously, has MANY uses). I read it's from ancient seaweed silicates, I believe.

    Here's an informative link on both food-grade & non-food grade and their application (be careful with inhaling though, since there is a LOT fine particles:

    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/what-is-diatomaceous-earth

    Likely, a Natural Foods and/or Homeopathic shop for detoxing,
    a hardware or garden shop for if you still have those ants.
    ~Ess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:26 AM

    I don’t believe in coincidences, either.

    I’m on my third week of DE. I originally was looking for insect repellent. DE was one of the options. I’d never heard of it. I did a search.

    While there are sites that deal with pest/pet/garden applications, many more came up that described the human medicinal value. I was very impressed, so I bought some. I started with a 1/2 tsp the first week, 1 tsp second week, now 2 tsp the 3rd week. After 1 TBSP is when you’re supposed to see real results, but my nails are looking fabulous already. I hope to start flushing those nasty parasites that the DE users talk about. I can imagine the whole body functions better after expelling parasites.

    ReplyDelete