Thursday, July 29, 2021

Shocked!

There is no other way to put it. OK, for the last month I have been taking the theory practice test's 2-3 times a day to prepare for the real test. I started out missing16 out of 32 questions. Last week I had it down to passing 2 out of 3 tests so I felt ready to take the test. I finally found where I could go to pay for the test and then register online for it. My license expires on August 21st so it was important to pass the test and receive the new license. Stumbling through internet pages to find out more information, I came across 2 statements I wanted to be verified.

The first was concerning the effect Covid-19 had on taking the test. It stated that when your license expires during the pandemic, you have 2 months yet to apply for a new one. That gave me a 2-month window to take the test after August 21st. That was verified by the Department of Communications.

The second, and most important, was a rule that if you passed a theory test AFTER 2014, it was valid indefinitely. That, I had to verify and I did. A  lady from the department took my name. address and pesel number, went into the system and told me the only thing  I have to submit is a medical exam from the doctor stating I was healthy enough to drive. So, no more studying practice exams. I have an appointment for August 11th to submit my medical exam, pay for the license and wait for it to be delivered.

A second great thing happened today. Joan had a haircut. We went to Le Grande, where I get my hair cut, and she was supposed to have a meeting with the hairstylist, Dorota. However, Dorota was not there so they assigned a "kid" to cut her hair. Before he started, I showed him the picture of what she wanted and he said he didn't know how to do that. Fortunately, my haircutter, Marcus, was nearby, saw the picture, and said he could do that. I wasn't sure he could but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and he proceeded. In the end, Joan is very happy with her new style.

Nie ma innego sposobu, aby to ująć. OK, przez ostatni miesiąc robiłem 2-3 razy dziennie testy z teorii na egzamin na prawo jazdy, żeby przygotować się do prawdziwego egzaminu. Zacząłem od 16. błędnych odpowiedzi na 32 pytania. W zeszłym tygodniu udało mi się zdać 2 z 3 testów, więc czułem się przygotowany do testu. W końcu znalazłem miejsce, gdzie mogę zapłacić za test, a następnie zarejestrować się na niego online. Moja licencja wygasa 21 sierpnia, więc ważne było, aby zdać test i otrzymać nową. Potykając się o strony internetowe, aby zasięgnąć więcej informacji, natknąłem się na 2 oświadczenia, które chciałem zweryfikować.

Pierwsze z nich dotyczyło wpływu Covid-19 na zdawanie testu. Stwierdzał on, że kiedy twoja licencja wygasa w czasie pandemii, masz jeszcze 2 miesiące na złożenie wniosku o nową. To dawało mi 2-miesięczne okno na przystąpienie do testu po 21 sierpnia. Weryfikacja pochodziła z Wydziału Komunikacji.

Drugim, i najważniejszym, był przepis, że jeśli zdawałeś egzamin teoretyczny PO 2014 roku, to jest on ważny bezterminowo. To, musiałem zweryfikować i tak też zrobiłem. Pani z wydziału wzięła moje nazwisko, adres i numer pesel, weszła do systemu i powiedziała mi, że jedyne co muszę złożyć to badanie lekarskie od lekarza stwierdzające, że jestem wystarczająco zdrowy, aby prowadzić samochód.... Więc, koniec testów. Mam umówioną wizytę na 11 sierpnia, aby przedstawić moje badania lekarskie, zapłacić za licencję i czekać na jej dostarczenie.

Dzisiaj wydarzyła się druga wspaniała rzecz. Joan była u fryzjera. Poszliśmy do Le Grande, gdzie ja się strzygę, a ona miała mieć spotkanie z fryzjerką, Dorotą. Doroty jednak nie było, więc przydzielono jej "dzieciaka" do strzyżenia. Zanim zaczął, pokazałam mu zdjęcie z fruzurą, jaką ona chce, a on powiedział, że nie wie, jak to zrobić. Na szczęście mój fryzjer, Marcus, był w pobliżu, zobaczył zdjęcie i powiedział, że może to zrobić. Nie byłem pewien, czy potrafi, ale dałem mu kredyt zaufania i przystąpił do pracy. W końcu Joan jest bardzo zadowolona ze swojej nowej fryzury.

No hay otra manera de decirlo. Bien, durante el último mes he estado haciendo el examen teórico de práctica 2-3 veces al día para prepararme para el examen real. Empecé fallando 16 de 32 preguntas. La semana pasada lo tenía a la baja para pasar 2 de 3 pruebas así que me sentí listo para tomar la prueba. Finalmente encontré donde podía ir a pagar el examen y luego registrarme en línea para ello. Mi licencia expira el 21 de agosto, así que era importante pasar el examen y recibir la nueva licencia. Dando tumbos por las páginas de Internet para encontrar más información, me encontré con dos afirmaciones que quería verificar.

La primera se refería al efecto de Covid-19 en la realización del examen. Decía que cuando tu licencia caduca durante la pandemia, tienes 2 meses aún para solicitar una nueva. Eso me daba un margen de 2 meses para hacer el examen después del 21 de agosto. Esto fue verificado por el Departamento de Comunicaciones.

La segunda, y más importante, era una norma que decía que si aprobabas un examen teórico DESPUÉS de 2014, era válido indefinidamente. Eso, tuve que verificarlo y lo hice. Una señora del departamento tomó mi nombre. dirección y número de pesel se metió en el sistema y me dijo que lo único que tengo que presentar es un examen médico del doctor declarando que estaba lo suficientemente sano para conducir.. Por lo tanto, se acabó el estudio de los exámenes de práctica. Tengo una cita para el 11 de agosto para presentar mi examen médico, pagar la licencia y esperar a que me la entreguen.

Una segunda gran cosa sucedió hoy. Joan se ha cortado el pelo. Fuimos a Le Grande, donde me cortan el pelo, y se suponía que tenía una cita con la peluquera, Dorota. Sin embargo, Dorota no estaba allí, así que le asignaron un "chico" para que le cortara el pelo. Antes de que empezara, le mostré la foto de lo que ella quería y me dijo que no sabía cómo hacerlo. Afortunadamente, mi cortador de pelo, Marcus, estaba cerca, vio la foto y dijo que podía hacerlo. No estaba segura de que pudiera, pero le di el beneficio de la duda y procedió. Al final, Joan está muy contenta con su nuevo estilo.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:12 PM

    Domestic driving licences issued in countries that have not ratified the 1968 Vienna Convention (such as the United States or India) may not be recognised in Poland. Drivers who hold such licences usually have to obtain an international driving permit in order to be allowed to drive in Poland for the period of up to 6 months from the date of entry into the country. Moreover, holders of such licences are required to pass the driving theory test in order to exchange their driving licence for a Polish one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, that is all true. On paper thAT IS THE LAW. However, in reality, the aveage officer stopping you for some violation and seeing an International License doesn't know what to do and lets you pass. It happened 3 times in 12 years living in Poland. This is not an endorsement to ignore the law. With a valid U.S. license, you need only pass the theory test once and then, according to what I was told, it is valid indefintely. I hope that is true when I go to pay for my renewal next month. Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:37 PM

    You will need to sit for a polish theory test to obtain a polish licence....sorry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, sorry, you are uniformed. NO, I won't.There is a second, and most important, rule that if you passed a theory test AFTER 2014, it is valid indefinitely. That, I had to verify and I did. A lady from the department took my name, address and pesel number, went into the system and told me the only thing I have to submit is a medical exam from the doctor stating I am healthy enough to drive. So, no more studying practice exams. I have an appointment for August 11th to submit my medical exam, pay for the license and wait for it to be delivered.

    ReplyDelete