Friday, January 15, 2016

Answers.

Jan, yes, I know that idea of a marketing plan, especially in Ikea, but it is ridiculous to do it so often. It makes me angry to have to spend one hour food shopping.

Yes John, they do it on purpose to make you see other products but I know what I want and don't want to waste time looking for it.

While Joan was busy making the cheesecake for tomorrow's party I had to go to Carrefour for chips, Bistry for kiełbasa and kabanosa and finally Lidl for wine. This time I only bought four bottles because many people bring a bottle and we always end up with more than we started. Tomorrow I only have to stop at Kandulski's for a few extra pastries.

As I approached Lidl I had to slow down driving on the street because of a red light but to the right of my car, on the sidewalk, far ahead of me I could see a woman, about my age, walking forward with her arms outstretched. In another moment I saw a young girl, about 8 years old running to meet the woman. It was evidently her grandmother and they were both so happy to see each other. I thought how wonderful that sight was. There was so much joy in the faces of both of them. The importance of grandparents in Poland is very high and I like it. I have only one remembrance of my own grandmother but she was like that also.  It;s a pity she didn't live beyond my fourth year of life.

My conversation partner, Karolina, sent me a video of the Russian men singing a song and it's incredible, even if you don't know the language. We've listened to it so many time that now Joan is even humming to song making the cheesecake. I put it on my FB page if you want to hear it.

Earlier I cleaned the windows, dusted, put away things that were just taking up space on the windowsill in preparation for the party. The only bad thing about having a party is you have to clean the house. :-)

Tak John, robią to celowo, abyś zobaczył inne produkty, ale ja wiem, czego chcę i nie chcę tracić czasu na szukanie.

Kiedy Joan była zajęta robieniem sernika na jutrzejszą imprezę, musiałem pójść do Carrefour po chipsy, do Bistry po kiełbasę i kabanosy i wreszcie do Lidla po wino. Tym razem kupiłem tylko cztery butelki, ponieważ wiele osób przynosi po butelce i zawsze kończymy z większą ilością niż zaczęliśmy. Tylko jutro mam  zatrzymać się u Kandulskich, by kupić trochę ciasta.

Kiedy podjechałem pod Lidl musiałem zwolnić  ze względu na czerwone światło i wtedy na prawo od mojego samochodu, na chodniku, daleko przede mną zobaczyłem kobietę w moim wieku, idącą naprzód z wyciągniętymi rękami. Po chwili zobaczyłem małą dziewczynkę, około 8 lat biegnącą na spotkanie z kobietą. Ewidentnie, to była jej babcia i obie były  szczęśliwe mogąc się zobaczyć. Pomyślałem, jaki to jest cudowny widok. Tak wiele radości było na twarzach obojga. Znaczenie dziadków w Polsce jest bardzo duże i to mi się podoba. Mam tylko jedno wspomnienie własnej babci i ono jest bardzo podobne. Szkoda, że ona nie żyła dłużej niż moje czwarte urodziny.

Mój partner  językowy, Karolina, przysłała mi film pokazujący Rosjan śpiewających piosenkę i to jest niesamowite, nawet jeśli nie znasz języka. Słuchaliśmy jej tak wiele razy, że teraz nawet Joan ją nuci robiąc sernik. Jeśli chcesz jej posłuchać, to mojej stronie FB umieściłem ten film.  Wcześniej wyczyściłem okna, wszystko odkurzyłem , odłożyłem rzeczy, które zajmowały miejsce na parapecie, a wszystko to w ramach przygotowań do imprezy. Jedyną złą rzeczą, kiedy masz  imprezę to jest to, że musisz posprzątać dom. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment