Friday, April 08, 2016
Joan's right!
OK, so here's two pictures of the Jonquille flower. Joan told me the name of it today. The third picture is of the budding hydrangea plant and the fourth is another unknown budding plant. Help me out if you can.
Another Polish lesson somewhat frustrating but now my teacher is changing tactics in hopes this new method will help me make more progress. He and I are both frustrated with my slow progress and we both hope the new approach will work. Of course, I have no thoughts about stopping to learn the language but I have to admit I am getting more and more frustrated moving so slowly His idea now is to give me short sentences in English and I translate them into Polish keeping in mind the case I have to use, declensions and conjugations. He always tells me to think in Polish but it is difficult when you have an English brain.
Thanks to a friend of ours, Joan and I now have tickets to the two day of concerts in Strzeszynek lake given by Leszek Mo偶d偶er. We have also been invited to celebrate her name day on May 24th and her husbands on May 25th. Joans birthday is on May 26th so it will be three days of parties.
OK, tutaj s膮 dwa zdj臋cia kwiatu o nazwie 偶onkil. Dzisiaj Joan powiedzia艂a mi jego nazw臋. Trzecie zdj臋cie pokazuje hortensja, kt贸ry jest przed naszym budynkiem, a czwarte inn膮 nieznan膮 p膮czkuj膮c膮 ro艣lin臋. Pom贸偶 mi, je艣li mo偶esz.
Kolejna nieco frustruj膮ca lekcja polskiego, ale teraz m贸j nauczyciel zmienia taktyk臋 w nadziei, 偶e ta nowa metoda pomo偶e mi zrobi膰 wi臋ksze post臋py. Obaj jeste艣my sfrustrowani z powodu mojego powolnego post臋pu i mamy nadziej臋, 偶e nowe podej艣cie zadzia艂a. Oczywi艣cie, nie mam my艣li porzucenia nauki polskiego, ale musz臋 przyzna膰, 偶e jestem coraz bardziej sfrustrowany spowolnieniem. Jego pomys艂 polega na tym, 偶e teraz daje mi kr贸tkie zdania po angielsku, kt贸re t艂umacz臋 na polski pami臋taj膮c, aby u偶y膰 odpowiedniego przypadku, deklinacji i koniugacji. On zawsze m贸wi, abym my艣la艂 po polsku, ale jest to trudne, gdy ma si臋 angielski umys艂.