Tuesday, October 11, 2016

A funny thing happened.

A funny thing happened today. Across the street from our flat is a little store we have been going to for about 6 years and occasionally I speak with the guy behind the counter in Polish. Today he has a new haircut, one of the new styles here, and I told him it looked good on him. Then I asked him what he called that style but he said he didn't understand my question. I tried a different way of asking but again he didn't understand. Then he told me I could ask him in English because he spoke English also. I was very surprised because for all this time I have been trying to communicate with him in Polish and all this time he could understand English if I spoken in that language. That was funny.

It was another rainy day, gray and cloudy all day. The season for that has begun and already we miss the sunlight. I just hope November 1st we will have a good day.

Joan spent some time reviewing her Spanish and I'm happy to say much of it she remembered. We have moved up to 5 numbers for her to remember and at first she had a little trouble with it but now it is better. I'm back to studying Polish and resuming my lessons with Zbyszek this Friday.

Dzisiaj zdarzy艂a si臋 zabawna rzecz.  Naprzeciwko naszego mieszkania, po drugiej stronie ulicy jest ma艂y sklep do kt贸rego chodzimy przez oko艂o 6 lat i od czasu do czasu z panem za lad膮 rozmawiam w j臋zyku polskim. Dzi艣 mia艂 now膮 fryzur臋, jedn膮 z tych w nowym stylu i powiedzia艂em mu, 偶e jest mu w niej do twarzy. Wtedy zapyta艂em go, jak nazwa si臋 ten styl, ale powiedzia艂, 偶e nie rozumie mojego pytania. Pr贸bowa艂em  zapyta膰 inaczej, ale znowu nie rozumia艂. Potem powiedzia艂 mi, 偶e mog臋 zapyta膰 po angielsku, bo on tak偶e m贸wi w tym j臋zyku. By艂em bardzo zaskoczony, poniewa偶 przez ca艂y ten czas stara艂em si臋 komunikowa膰 z nim w po polsku i przez ca艂y ten czas on m贸g艂 zrozumie膰 angielski, je艣li m贸wi w tym j臋zyku. To by艂o 艣mieszne.

To by艂 kolejny, ca艂y deszczowy , szary i pochmurny  dzie艅. Sezon na tak膮 pogod臋 rozpocz膮艂 si臋, a my ju偶 t臋sknimy za s艂o艅cem. Mam nadziej臋, 偶e 1. listopada b臋dziemy mie膰 dobry dzie艅.

Joan sp臋dzi艂a troch臋 czasu przegl膮daj膮c hiszpa艅ski i jestem szcz臋艣liwy, 偶e wiele z niego pami臋ta艂a. Przeszli艣my do etapu zapami臋tywania 5 numer贸w  i pocz膮tkowo mia艂a z tym troch臋 problem贸w, ale teraz jest lepiej. Wracam do nauki j臋zyka polskiego, a w ten pi膮tek wznawiam lekcje ze Zbyszkiem.