Rainy morning and afternoon until about 16:00 and then a little sun came out and rain stopped. That seems to be the way it's going to be for this week.
I can't believe I woke up at 3:00, went to my laptop and checked the score of the Cubs baseball game. I'm not a baseball fan but it has been over 100 years since the Chicago Cubs won a world series and this year it looks like they have a good chance. It was too early in the game for a final score so when I woke up again at 9:30 I was happy to see they won the first game of the playoff series against the Giants, 1-0. It would be a great thing for the people of Chicago and Cub fans all over the world if they won the world series. GO CUBS.
I had a chance to talk with two people, a lawyer and a project manager today. It's always interesting to hear different points of views from native Poles on different subjects. I learn a lot from them about things I don't usually think about and it expands my knowledge base. There is always something new to learn about and when you just keep in the circle of your own knowledge you don't expand. It's like eating food. I know the things I like to eat but when we go to a restaurant I like to order something I have never had just to know what it tastes like. If I'm successful in what I order, I can keep it in my memory for future times.
Joan also had a good day today while I was not at home. She said she read, did some laundry, cleaned the house a little, relaxed and enjoyed her time of solitude. I'm getting a little more comfortable leaving her alone again although she is always on my mind when I'm not there. She is making progress with her three memory exercises we do almost every day so that is a good thing. Monday she goes back to the hospital where they did the angiogram for a 2 month checkup at 11:00.
Nie mog臋 uwierzy膰, 偶e obudzi艂em si臋 o 3:00, poszed艂em do mojego laptopa i sprawdzi艂 wynik Cubs gry w baseball. Nie jestem fanem baseballu, ale to by艂o ponad 100 lat od czasu Chicago Cubs wygra艂 World Series w tym roku wygl膮da na to, 偶e maj膮 du偶e szanse. To by艂o zbyt wcze艣nie w grze na ostateczny wynik, wi臋c kiedy obudzi艂em si臋 ponownie o godzinie 9:30 by艂em szcz臋艣liwy widz膮c, 偶e wygra艂 pierwszy mecz w serii playoff przeciwko Giants 1-0. By艂oby wielk膮 rzecz膮 dla mieszka艅c贸w Chicago i fan贸w Cub na ca艂ym 艣wiecie, je艣li wygrali World Series. GO m艂odych.
Mia艂em okazj臋 rozmawia膰 z dwoma osobami, prawnik i kierownik projektu dzisiaj. To zawsze ciekawe us艂ysze膰 r贸偶ne punkty widzenia od rodzimych Polak贸w na r贸偶ne tematy. I nauczy膰 si臋 wiele od nich o rzeczach zazwyczaj nie my艣le膰 i rozszerza moj膮 baz臋 wiedzy. Zawsze jest co艣 nowego, aby pozna膰 i po prostu zachowa膰 w kr臋gu w艂asnej wiedzy nie rozwin膮膰. To jak jedzenie 偶ywno艣ci. Wiem, co lubi臋 je艣膰, ale kiedy idziemy do restauracji, chcia艂bym zam贸wi膰 co艣 nigdy nie mia艂em po prostu wiedzie膰, jak to smakuje. Je艣li jestem sukces w to, co zam贸wi膰, mog臋 utrzyma膰 go w mej pami臋ci dla przysz艂ych czas贸w.
Joan mia艂a r贸wnie偶 dobry dzie艅, a ja ju偶 nie by艂o w domu. Powiedzia艂a, 偶e czyta膰, zrobi艂a pranie, oczyszczone z domu troch臋, zrelaksowani i zadowoleni z jej czas samotno艣ci. Dostaj臋 troch臋 bardziej wygodne pozostawiaj膮c j膮 sam膮 ponownie, chocia偶 ona jest zawsze w mojej g艂owie, kiedy mnie tam nie ma. Ona robi post臋py z jej trzech 膰wicze艅 pami臋ciowych robimy prawie codziennie, wi臋c to jest dobra rzecz. Poniedzia艂ek idzie z powrotem do szpitala, gdzie zrobili angiogramie dla 2 miesi臋cznego sprawdzanie o godzinie 11:00.
