Monday, August 24, 2015

New trip!

OK, confirmed out stay with Dan and Mirka in 呕elona G贸ra for September 6th so that will be our next adventure in Poland. We thought about taking a train but there is no service to that town. Rather strange, even Golina, a much smaller town, has service to it. So we will make the drive there on a Sunday morning, stay the night and return on Monday. Even still having this leg problem I can handle a two hour drive. I´ve always liked driving long distances and it´s only lately, because of the leg, that we haven´t done many long trips by car. I would love to drive to Spain but that would take at least three or four days each way plus whatever time we spent there. There is still so much of it I would like to show Joan, the Plains of La Mancha, Madrid, Bilboa, the north-west and the more mountainous 谩reas. I really missed taking advantage of living there when I was 18 and not seeing more of it. It has changed so much in 53 years and yet, in some ways, it is still the same.  Of course, there is still much of Poland to see, like the Mazury 谩rea, the northwest and far southeast.

After 9 years of service my headphones finally stopped working today so I bought a new pair of Logitech Brand. I´ll try then out tonight when I speak with cousin Andrzej. Also, before my nephew arrives I will have to buy 4 new rechargeable AA batteries for my camera. I´ve had the ones I use now for three years but they do not seem to hold a charge more than one day now and I will be taking a lot of pictures. I want to make sure we all have a lot of them to look at when the visit is over. 30 days from today they will arrive and I´m already excited about it. I think I've mentioned he's the first close relative to visit us from the U.S. in the 8 years we've been here. Other close cousin's have come to Germany, Scandanavia and France but not to their homeland. That is strange to me but understandable since they are not really interested in family history. I'm the only one who caught the "bug" and it's still in me.

It's Monday and my Friday lesson is finished already. 70 sentences to answer or change verbs, nouns, use the right prepositions, use the right endings on words and things like that. Out of the 7 "cases" I can say I actually feel confident about only 1 so far. Yes, Polish is easy, it only took me 8 years to get this far :-)

OK., pobyt z Danem i Mirk膮 w Zielonej G贸rze na 6 wrze艣nia zosta艂 potwierdzony, wi臋c to b臋dzie nasza nast臋pna przygoda w Polsce. My艣leli艣my o je藕dzie poci膮giem, ale poci膮g tam nie je藕dzi. Raczej dziwne, nawet Golina, znacznie mniejsze miasto, ma po艂膮czenie kolejowe. Wi臋c pojedziemy tam w niedziel臋 rano, zatrzymamy si臋 na noc i wr贸cimy w poniedzia艂ek. Nawet maj膮c  problem  z nog膮, mog臋 jecha膰 przez dwie godziny. Zawsze lubi艂em jazd臋 na d艂ugich dystansach i tylko ostatnio, z uwagi na nog臋, nie zrobili艣my samochodem wielu d艂ugich podr贸偶y. Chcia艂bym pojecha膰 do Hiszpanii, ale to zajmie co najmniej trzy lub cztery dni w ka偶d膮 stron臋,  niezale偶nie od czasu, jaki tam sp臋dzimy. Jest jeszcze tak wiele rzeczy, kt贸re chcia艂abym pokaza膰 Joan, jak r贸wniny La Mancha, Madryt, Bilbao, p贸艂nocny-zach贸d i wi臋cej obszar贸w g贸rskich. Ja naprawd臋 偶a艂uj臋, 偶e nie skorzysta艂em ze sposobno艣ci  zobaczenia wi臋cej, kiedy tam mieszka艂em jako 18. latek. Wiele zmieni艂o si臋 w ci膮gu 53 lat, a jednak, w pewnym sensie,  jest wci膮偶 tak samo. Oczywi艣cie, jest jeszcze wiele Polski do zobaczenia, jak obszar Mazur, p贸艂nocny-zach贸d i daleki po艂udniowy wsch贸d.

Po 9 latach u偶ytkowania, dzisiaj w ko艅cu moje s艂uchawki  przesta艂y dzia艂a膰,  wi臋c kupi艂em now膮 par臋 marki Logitech . Wypr贸buj臋 je dzi艣 wieczorem, kiedy b臋d臋 rozmawia膰 z kuzynem Andrzejem.
Ponadto, zanim przyjedzie m贸j bratanek, b臋d臋 musia艂 kupi膰 4 nowe akumulatorki AA do mojego aparatu. Mam te, kt贸rych u偶ywam ju偶 od trzech lat, ale nie wydaje si臋, aby wystarczy艂o energii na wi臋cej ni偶 jeden dzie艅, ja b臋d臋 robi膰 du偶o zdj臋膰. Za 30 dni, licz膮c od dzisiaj, przyjedzie m贸j bratanek z 偶on膮, a ja ju偶 jestem podekscytowany. My艣l臋, 偶e ju偶 wspomnia艂em, 偶e jest pierwszym bliskim krewnym, kt贸ry nas odwiedza z USA przez ca艂y nasz 8. letni tutaj pobyt . Inny bliscy kuzyni przyje偶d偶aj膮 do Niemiec, Skandynawii i Francji, ale nie do ojczyzny. To jest dla mnie dziwne, ale zrozumia艂e, poniewa偶 oni  naprawd臋 nie interesuj膮 si臋 histori膮 rodziny. Jestem jedynym, kt贸ry z艂apa艂 tego "bakcyla" i  kt贸ry nadal we mnie tkwi.

Jest poniedzia艂ek , a moja pi膮tkowa lekcja polskiego jest ju偶 gotowa. 70 zda艅, aby odpowiedzie膰 lub zmieni膰 czasowniki, rzeczowniki, u偶ywa膰 prawid艂owo przyimki, u偶ywa膰 odpowiednich ko艅c贸wek s艂贸w i tego typu rzeczy. Mog臋 powiedzie膰, 偶e spo艣r贸d 7 "przypadk贸w" , tylko co do jednego mog臋  rzeczywi艣cie czu膰 si臋 pewnie. Tak, polski jest 艂atwy, zaj臋艂o mi 8 lat, aby doj艣膰  tak daleko :)