Thursday, August 06, 2015

Sadness and joy.


To me, Ola will always be a 14 year old girl that I met 6 years ago who told me what high school she would go to and then a university in the U.S. It seemed remarkable that a person in her age already had a plan for the beginning of her life. Over the years I\e watched accomplish the goals she had set for herself despite many obstacles. So, it was with a little sadness but also a lot of happiness that we met today before her departure to the U.S. tomorrow for orientation to the University of Southern Florida. Her goal of the university was Harvard but I knew back then it wouldn't be reached because of family and financial restrictions. It didn't stop me from encouraging to keep her goals so when she was accepted to USF earlier this year we were both happy. She will be totally on her own in a new country and, at this point, cannot expect help from anyone. She speaks English well so language will not be a problem but finding accommodations and work may be. She is a strong willed person and I know she will do well in school. I only wish I had a cousin in Tampa, Florida I could connect her to. Joan and I have grown so fond of her we call her our adopted granddaughter. She calls us her adopted grandparents.

It is hot today, 35c and it looks like it will stay this way for a week.

I finally have confirmation that my nephew, Jeff, and his  wife Anne, will arrive in Warsaw on September23rd, spend the night there and in the morning take a train to Pozna艅 where I will meet them. We will spend the 25th here and then on the 26th leave for Budapest, arriving on the 27th. Through Airbnb I found a house we will rent as a base for visiting Budapest and we will return on Oct.1st to  Pozna艅. Oct. 2nd, 3rd and 4th we will show tchem as much as we can of our area visiting palaces, manor houses, museums, etc. The night of Oct. 3rd we will have a party at our house where they will get to meet our friends and maybe a few cousins. Oct.5th in the morning they will take an early train to Warsaw and take a flight at 2:30PM back to America. You really can't imagine how happy this makes me.

Dla mnie Ola zawsze b臋dzie 14-letnia dziewczyna, kt贸ra pozna艂em 6 lat temu, kt贸ry powiedzia艂 mi, co szko艂y p贸jdzie do, a nast臋pnie uniwersyteckie w USA Wydawa艂o si臋 niezwyk艂e, 偶e osoba w jej wieku ju偶 plan pocz膮tek jej 偶ycia. Przez lata \ e obserwowany osi膮gni臋cia cel贸w okre艣lonych mia艂a dla siebie, mimo wielu przeszk贸d. Tak, to by艂 z troch臋 smutku, ale tak偶e du偶o szcz臋艣cia, 偶e ​​spotkali艣my si臋 dzisiaj przed jej wyjazdem do USA jutro dla orientacji na Uniwersytecie Po艂udniowej Florydy. Jej celem uniwersytetu Harvard, ale by艂 wtedy wiedzia艂em, 偶e nie b臋dzie wyci膮gni臋ty z powodu ogranicze艅 finansowych i rodziny. To nie powstrzyma艂o mnie od zach臋cania do utrzymania jej cele, wi臋c kiedy zosta艂 przyj臋ty do USF pocz膮tku tego roku oboje byli艣my zadowoleni. Ona b臋dzie ca艂kowicie na w艂asn膮 r臋k臋 w nowym kraju i, w tym momencie, nie mo偶e oczekiwa膰 pomocy od nikogo. Ona m贸wi po angielsku, wi臋c j臋zyk nie b臋dzie problemu, ale ze znalezieniem zakwaterowania i pracy mo偶e by膰. Ona jest siln膮 wole i wiem, 偶e dobrze w szkole. Szkoda, 偶e ​​nie mia艂 kuzyna w Tampa na Florydzie mog臋 pod艂膮czy膰 jej. Joan i jestem ju偶 tak ch臋tnie j膮 nazywamy j膮 nasza przyj臋艂a wnuczka. Ona nazywa nas jej przyj臋tych dziadk贸w.

Jest gor膮co dzisiaj, 35c i wygl膮da na to, b臋dzie to pobyt w ten spos贸b przez tydzie艅.

I wreszcie mamy potwierdzenie, 偶e m贸j bratanek, Jeff i jego 偶ona Anne, pojawi si臋 w Warszawie na September23rd, sp臋dzi膰 tam noc, a rano poci膮giem do Poznania, gdzie b臋dzie im sprosta膰. Sp臋dzimy tu 25, a nast臋pnie w dniu 26 urlopie Budapeszcie, przybywaj膮cych na 27. Za po艣rednictwem Airbnb znalaz艂em dom b臋dziemy wynaj膮膰 jako baza do zwiedzania Budapesztu i wr贸cimy na Oct.1st do Poznania. 02 pa藕dziernika, 3 i 4 poka偶emy tchem jak mo偶emy naszego obszaru odwiedza pa艂ace, dworki, muzea, itp nocy z 03 pa藕dziernika b臋dziemy mieli imprez臋 w naszym domu, gdzie b臋d膮 oni mogli spe艂ni膰 nasze przyjaciele i mo偶e kilka kuzyni. Oct.5th rano wezm膮 wczesny poci膮g do Warszawy i wzi膮膰 lot na 14:30 z powrotem do Ameryki. Naprawd臋 nie mo偶na sobie wyobrazi膰, jak to czyni mnie szcz臋艣liwym.