Monday, October 05, 2015

Gone.

In Poznan rynek.





Woke up at 7:00 and got ready to take Jeff and Anne to the train station for their train that left at 8:34 for Warsaw. It was an emotional departure for us both, don't know when or if I will ever see him again but am very thankful to God that I have had this time to spend with him. It's been many years since we last met, a lot has happened but now it seems like we are both in a much better place for understanding each others lives and what has transpired. I don't know if they will return again but I will definitely try to stay in touch with him.

We arrived a little early at the train station and about 15 minutes later the train arrived and we put their baggage in the compartment they would use.  From my days as a guitar player I still had two guitars packed away under my bed.  My nephew, Jeff,  is also a guitarist so when we started talking about guitars I mentioned the two I had and took them out for him to play. One was a classical guitar and the other an acoustic guitar. He said they were both better than the ones he had so I proposed that he take them both home with him. The problem was in the transport to the U.S. LOT airlines said it would cost $120 for each and then there would be the problem of carrying them so he decided to take the acoustic one only. I will try to find a cheaper way to send the other to him. Parting with them was like letting go of part of my past life but since I can no longer play them I was happy to be giving them to my nephew. Once all the baggage was on the train we said goodbye. I know my brother in heaven must feel good about our meeting between his youngest son and I. I know that I am and only his departure was a little sad but we had a good visit and there is hope we will repeat it again. Now we are ready to greet our new guests from Zielona Gora who will arrive this Sunday and spend one day with us as we did with them last month. On the 21st we fly to England to visit with other friends who live there. We will return on the 25th. As I said before, it's been a great summer for meeting friends and relatives.

I had a parking ticket while in Buda and thought I would pay it online when I got home. What a mistake that was. You think Polish is hard..............try translating Hungarian. It's a nightmare!!

Obudziłem się o 7:00 i byłem gotowy zawieźć Jeff i Anne na dworzec kolejowy na pociąg do Warszawy odjeżdżający o  8:34. Moment wyjazdu był dla nas obu wzruszający, nie wiem, kiedy i czy  jeszcze go zobaczę, ale jestem bardzo wdzięczny Bogu, że mogłem z nim spędzić ten czas. Minęło już wiele lat od naszego ostatniego spotkania, wiele się wydarzyło, ale teraz wydaje się, że obaj jesteśmy w znacznie lepszym punkcie, by  nawzajem zrozumieć nasze życie i to, co się wydarzyło. Nie wiem, czy wrócą jeszcze raz, ale na pewno będę próbować pozostać  z nim w kontakcie.

Przyjechaliśmy na dworzec kolejowy trochę za wcześnie, a około 15 minut później przyjechał pociąg  i włożyliśmy ich bagaż do przedziału, który będą zajmować. Z czasów, kiedy byłem gitarzystą miałem jeszcze dwie gitary zapakowane pod moim łóżkiem. Mój bratanek, Jeff, jest również gitarzystą, więc kiedy zaczęliśmy rozmawiać o gitarach wspomniałem, że mam dwie i wyjąłem je, aby on zagrał. Jedna to gitara klasyczna, druga akustyczna. Powiedział, że obie są lepsze od tych, jakie ma więc zaproponowałem, żeby zabrał je ze sobą do domu. Problem był z  transportem do US.  LOT powiedział, że to kosztuje $ 120 za każdą i wtedy  byłby  problem z ich noszeniem, więc postanowił zabrać tylko jedną - akustyczną. Postaram się znaleźć tańszy sposób, aby wysłać  do niego tą drugą. Rozstanie się z gitarami było jak wymazanie części mojej przeszłości, ale ponieważ nie mogę już grać,  byłem szczęśliwy dając je mojemu bratankowi. Gdy cały bagaż był w pociągu,  pożegnaliśmy. Wiem, że mój brat w niebie musi czuć się dobrze ze spotkania jego najmłodszego syna ze mną. Wiem, że jestem i tylko jego odjazd był trochę smutny, ale to była dobra wizyta i jest nadzieja, że kiedyś  powtórzymy to jeszcze raz. Teraz jesteśmy gotowi powitać naszych nowych gości z Zielonej Góry, którzy przyjadą w niedzielę i spędzą z nami jeden dzień , jak my z nimi w zeszłym miesiącu. A 21.10 lecimy do Anglii, aby odwiedzić  innych znajomych, którzy tam mieszkają. Wrócimy  25.10. Jak powiedziałem wcześniej, to było wspaniałe lato na spotkania z przyjaciółmi i krewnymi.

Miałem bilet parkingowy z Budapesztu i myślałem, że zapłacę go online, kiedy wrócę do domu. Jaki to był błąd. Myślisz, że polski jest trudny .............. spróbuj przetłumaczyć węgierski. To koszmar !!

No comments:

Post a Comment