Monday, October 05, 2015

Gone.

In Poznan rynek.





Woke up at 7:00 and got ready to take Jeff and Anne to the train station for their train that left at 8:34 for Warsaw. It was an emotional departure for us both, don't know when or if I will ever see him again but am very thankful to God that I have had this time to spend with him. It's been many years since we last met, a lot has happened but now it seems like we are both in a much better place for understanding each others lives and what has transpired. I don't know if they will return again but I will definitely try to stay in touch with him.

We arrived a little early at the train station and about 15 minutes later the train arrived and we put their baggage in the compartment they would use.  From my days as a guitar player I still had two guitars packed away under my bed.  My nephew, Jeff,  is also a guitarist so when we started talking about guitars I mentioned the two I had and took them out for him to play. One was a classical guitar and the other an acoustic guitar. He said they were both better than the ones he had so I proposed that he take them both home with him. The problem was in the transport to the U.S. LOT airlines said it would cost $120 for each and then there would be the problem of carrying them so he decided to take the acoustic one only. I will try to find a cheaper way to send the other to him. Parting with them was like letting go of part of my past life but since I can no longer play them I was happy to be giving them to my nephew. Once all the baggage was on the train we said goodbye. I know my brother in heaven must feel good about our meeting between his youngest son and I. I know that I am and only his departure was a little sad but we had a good visit and there is hope we will repeat it again. Now we are ready to greet our new guests from Zielona Gora who will arrive this Sunday and spend one day with us as we did with them last month. On the 21st we fly to England to visit with other friends who live there. We will return on the 25th. As I said before, it's been a great summer for meeting friends and relatives.

I had a parking ticket while in Buda and thought I would pay it online when I got home. What a mistake that was. You think Polish is hard..............try translating Hungarian. It's a nightmare!!

Obudzi艂em si臋 o 7:00 i by艂em gotowy zawie藕膰 Jeff i Anne na dworzec kolejowy na poci膮g do Warszawy odje偶d偶aj膮cy o  8:34. Moment wyjazdu by艂 dla nas obu wzruszaj膮cy, nie wiem, kiedy i czy  jeszcze go zobacz臋, ale jestem bardzo wdzi臋czny Bogu, 偶e mog艂em z nim sp臋dzi膰 ten czas. Min臋艂o ju偶 wiele lat od naszego ostatniego spotkania, wiele si臋 wydarzy艂o, ale teraz wydaje si臋, 偶e obaj jeste艣my w znacznie lepszym punkcie, by  nawzajem zrozumie膰 nasze 偶ycie i to, co si臋 wydarzy艂o. Nie wiem, czy wr贸c膮 jeszcze raz, ale na pewno b臋d臋 pr贸bowa膰 pozosta膰  z nim w kontakcie.

Przyjechali艣my na dworzec kolejowy troch臋 za wcze艣nie, a oko艂o 15 minut p贸藕niej przyjecha艂 poci膮g  i w艂o偶yli艣my ich baga偶 do przedzia艂u, kt贸ry b臋d膮 zajmowa膰. Z czas贸w, kiedy by艂em gitarzyst膮 mia艂em jeszcze dwie gitary zapakowane pod moim 艂贸偶kiem. M贸j bratanek, Jeff, jest r贸wnie偶 gitarzyst膮, wi臋c kiedy zacz臋li艣my rozmawia膰 o gitarach wspomnia艂em, 偶e mam dwie i wyj膮艂em je, aby on zagra艂. Jedna to gitara klasyczna, druga akustyczna. Powiedzia艂, 偶e obie s膮 lepsze od tych, jakie ma wi臋c zaproponowa艂em, 偶eby zabra艂 je ze sob膮 do domu. Problem by艂 z  transportem do US.  LOT powiedzia艂, 偶e to kosztuje $ 120 za ka偶d膮 i wtedy  by艂by  problem z ich noszeniem, wi臋c postanowi艂 zabra膰 tylko jedn膮 - akustyczn膮. Postaram si臋 znale藕膰 ta艅szy spos贸b, aby wys艂a膰  do niego t膮 drug膮. Rozstanie si臋 z gitarami by艂o jak wymazanie cz臋艣ci mojej przesz艂o艣ci, ale poniewa偶 nie mog臋 ju偶 gra膰,  by艂em szcz臋艣liwy daj膮c je mojemu bratankowi. Gdy ca艂y baga偶 by艂 w poci膮gu,  po偶egnali艣my. Wiem, 偶e m贸j brat w niebie musi czu膰 si臋 dobrze ze spotkania jego najm艂odszego syna ze mn膮. Wiem, 偶e jestem i tylko jego odjazd by艂 troch臋 smutny, ale to by艂a dobra wizyta i jest nadzieja, 偶e kiedy艣  powt贸rzymy to jeszcze raz. Teraz jeste艣my gotowi powita膰 naszych nowych go艣ci z Zielonej G贸ry, kt贸rzy przyjad膮 w niedziel臋 i sp臋dz膮 z nami jeden dzie艅 , jak my z nimi w zesz艂ym miesi膮cu. A 21.10 lecimy do Anglii, aby odwiedzi膰  innych znajomych, kt贸rzy tam mieszkaj膮. Wr贸cimy  25.10. Jak powiedzia艂em wcze艣niej, to by艂o wspania艂e lato na spotkania z przyjaci贸艂mi i krewnymi.

Mia艂em bilet parkingowy z Budapesztu i my艣la艂em, 偶e zap艂ac臋 go online, kiedy wr贸c臋 do domu. Jaki to by艂 b艂膮d. My艣lisz, 偶e polski jest trudny .............. spr贸buj przet艂umaczy膰 w臋gierski. To koszmar !!