Monday, March 19, 2018

I should have.

I was thinking today about something I should have done years ago, apply for Polish citizenship. You can do it after residing here permanently for 5 years and in August we will begin our 11th year. I was going to do it in 2016 and then Joan had her stroke and everything in my life was put on hold. Before it happened I started checking into the procedure and found out I first had to register my birth in the Polish Birth Records office, providing documents of my birth, my mother and fathers birth, my marriage, Joan's birth and her parents birth, all with official government seals. After that was done, then I could make the application for citizenship but only to the President of Poland. It is up to his decision to grant or deny it. The whole process can take up to 2 years. In the past I didn't care much about it but now I want it.

It's tax time in Poland and this week I will take our documents to our tax adviser so he can prepare our forms for the tax man. We are fortunate to have him and it's always a pleasure to visit him.

Is there anyone from Spain reading this blog? Is the translation good or bad?

Myślałem dzisiaj o czymś, co powinienem był zrobić lata temu, staram się o polskie obywatelstwo. Możesz to zrobić po zamieszkaniu tutaj na stałe przez 5 lat, a w sierpniu rozpoczniemy nasz 11-ty rok. Miałem zamiar to zrobić w 2016 roku, a potem Joan miała udar i w moim życiu wszystko zostało przystopowane. Zanim to się stało, zacząłem sprawdzać procedurę i dowiedziałem się, że najpierw musiałem zarejestrować moje narodziny w polskim Urzędzie Stanu Cywilnego, dostarczając dokumenty dotyczące moich urodzin, narodzin mojej matki i ojca, mojego małżeństwa, urodzin Joan i jej rodziców, wszystkie z oficjalną pieczęcią państwową. Po tym czasie mogłem złożyć wniosek o obywatelstwo, ale tylko do Prezydenta RP. To od jego decyzji zależy przyznanie lub odmowa. Cały proces może zająć do 2 lat. W przeszłości nie przejmowałem się tym, ale teraz tego chcę.

W Polsce  czas rozliczenia podatków; w tym tygodniu zabiorę nasze dokumenty do naszego doradcy podatkowego, aby mógł przygotować nasze formularze dla urzędu skarbowego. Mamy szczęście, że mamy takiego człowieka i zawsze jest to przyjemnie odwiedzać go.


 Czy jest ktoś z Hiszpanii czytający ten blog? Czy tłumaczenie jest dobre czy złe




Hoy pensé en algo que debería haber hecho hace años, solicitar la ciudadanía polaca. Puede hacerlo después de residir aquí de forma permanente durante 5 años y en agosto comenzaremos nuestro undécimo año. Iba a hacerlo en 2016 y luego Joan sufrió un ataque y todo en mi vida quedó en suspenso. Antes de que sucediera, comencé a verificar el procedimiento y descubrí que primero tenía que registrar mi nacimiento en la oficina de registros de nacimiento polacos, proporcionando documentos de mi nacimiento, el nacimiento de mi madre y mi padre, mi matrimonio, el nacimiento de Joan y el de sus padres, todos con sellos oficiales del gobierno. Después de eso, pude presentar la solicitud de ciudadanía pero solo al Presidente de Polonia. Depende de su decisión de otorgar o denegarlo. Todo el proceso puede tomar hasta 2 años. En el pasado no me importaba mucho, pero ahora lo quiero.

Es tiempo de impuestos en Polonia y esta semana llevaré nuestros documentos a nuestro asesor fiscal para que pueda preparar nuestros formularios para el asesor fiscal. Somos afortunados de tenerlo y siempre es un placer visitarlo.


¿Hay alguien de España leyendo este blog? ¿La traducción es buena o mala?




 

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:11 PM

    Think very seriously about remaining in Poland let alone seeking citizenship! The writing's on the wall politically. Poland is moving away from democracy a step at a time. Again, life's too short to be caught up in the upcoming mess. By all indications, you'll be so much better off OUT OF THERE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon, do you know the " there is more than meets the eye"? It is true in what I wrote today. There is a reason for it. Thank you for your concern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should still do it. It's never too late. And to anonymous: with Donal Trumps politics is even worse there now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:33 PM

    David--Do what you have to do. Don't know you circumstances but giving you my opinion based on what I've read in your blog. Just telling you what I'd do if I were you.
    Tori--I agree with you about Trump and did not recommend the US. I do think that Spain would be a nice fit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:32 PM

    Hi David - Check into the rules regarding citizenship. If you can prove at least 1 grandparent was born in Poland, then you should be automatically eligible for citizenship if I remember correctly (based on rules I read 8 years ago when we were applying for citizenship for my child).

    Hope this helps!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily, Thanks. I can prove both were born here but parents were born in U.S..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:06 AM

    David, emily is correct, it has nothing to do with the president of poland, however is it worth while, things will get worse in poland, I fear for the safety of Joan, Spain looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anon, I think the rules have changed from 8 years ago.

    ReplyDelete