I moved from the hotel to the agro-tourist farmhouse in Nowy Be艂臋cin today thinking I would be sharing a room with one or more people. As it turned out, I have my own room on the main floor and there is no one else here until the 9th and then only for two days.
The owner gave me a warm greeting when I finally found the place in the middle of farm country. This was the original house here and next to it now it a more modern one where the owner, his wife, daughter and son-in-law live. The owner spoke no English but we still had a nice conversation in Polish. His son-in-law came out, speaking English, and we also talked. I have the whole house to myself, can cook meals, do washing, etc. The house is so old the floors are made of wooden blanks. I love it.
When Joan was done with her therapies we went to Leszno so I could buy food for breakfasts and dinners, stopped and had coffee and then return at 7PM. She said she had a good day and is looking for to the weekend off. This Sunday, instead of taking her to Pozna艅, I will bring her to my new "home", only 6 km from the rehab center. The owner was kind enough to tell me the backroads to take to cut the travel time in half. We can rest here, go for walks in the forest and not have to spend 3 hours of the day driving. She likes that idea.
Przenios艂em si臋 dzi艣 z hotelu do gospodarstwa agroturystycznego w Nowy Be艂臋cinie, my艣l膮c, 偶e b臋d臋 dzieli艂 pok贸j z jedn膮 lub wi臋cej osobami. Okaza艂o si臋 jednak, 偶e mam sw贸j w艂asny pok贸j na parterze, a w dodatku a偶 do 9 wrze艣nia nie ma tu nikogo innego, a p贸藕niej go艣cie b臋d膮 tylko przez dwa dni.
W艂a艣ciciel przywita艂 mnie ciep艂o, gdy w ko艅cu uda艂o mi si臋 trafi膰 na miejsce, znajduj膮ce si臋 w samym 艣rodku obszaru wiejskiego. W oryginalnym domu gospodarze zrobili agroturystyk臋, a sami, wraz z c贸rk膮 i zi臋ciem mieszkaj膮 w bardziej nowoczesnym. W艂a艣ciciel nie m贸wi po angielsku, ale mi艂o nam si臋 rozmawia艂o po polsku. Pojawi艂 si臋 jego zi臋膰, kt贸ry m贸wi po angielsku, wi臋c tak偶e porozmawiali艣my. Mam ca艂y dom dla siebie, mog臋 przygotowywa膰 posi艂ki, zrobi膰 pranie, itd. Dom jest tak stary, 偶e na pod艂odze s膮 parkiety. Kocham to.
Kiedy Joan sko艅czy艂a terapi臋, pojechali艣my do Leszna, wi臋c mog艂em kupi膰 jedzenie na 艣niadania i kolacje, wypili艣my kaw臋 i wr贸cili艣my o 19.00. Powiedzia艂a, 偶e to by艂 dobry dzie艅 i czeka na weekend. W niedziel臋, zamiast jecha膰 do Poznania, przywioz臋 j膮 do mojego nowego "domu", kt贸ry mie艣ci si臋 tylko 6 km od centrum rehabilitacji. W艂a艣ciciel by艂 tak uprzejmy, 偶e podpowiedzia艂 mi skr贸ty, dzi臋ki kt贸rym czas podr贸偶y zmniejszy si臋 o po艂ow臋. Mo偶emy tu wypocz膮膰, chodzi膰 na spacery do lasu i nie trzeba sp臋dza膰 trzech godzin w samochodzie. Joan spodoba艂 si臋 ten pomys艂.