Thursday, September 08, 2016

Payment and road trip.

A good day for Joan and during the break before lunch we went back to the palace to pay the entrance fee. The door to reception was open but led to offices along the southern wing of the palace, none of which were marked Reception. I met a man in the hall who took me to an office with three people working there. I told them who I was and why I was there, to pay yesterday's fee, and one man got up to shake my hand. He told me there would be no charge and to consider it  present from the palace to Joan and I. I told him thank you but I want to pay the fee. I understand the palace is in renovation and every zloty can only help. I apologized for my poor Polish language use, that grammar and endings make it difficult to learn. He said those were not so important but what was important was that we were speaking in Polish, he understood was I was saying, I understood what he was saying and could answer his questions to his understanding. He asked where we came from, why we were in the area, how long we have been here and things like that.  I answered all of his questions, we shook hands again and said goodbye. Like the security guard last night, he was a very nice man.

I'm trying something new tonight. I made a video with my camera of the actual road trip from where I am staying to the rehab center, I tried narrating it as best I could. It's only 7 minutes long but you get an idea of what it is like where we are now. If you take the time to view it, please tell me what you think of it. Use the full screen button on the bottom right of the black frame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N4yIxk_skQ&feature=youtu.be

Dobry dzie艅 dla Joan i podczas przerwy, ale przed obiadem pojechali艣my do pa艂acu, aby zap艂aci膰 za wst臋p. Drzwi do recepcji by艂y otwarte, ale prowadzi艂y do biur wzd艂u偶 po艂udniowego skrzyd艂a pa艂acu, z kt贸rych 偶adne nie by艂y oznaczone napisem „Recepcja”. W korytarzu spotka艂em m臋偶czyzn臋, kt贸ry zabra艂 mnie do biura, w kt贸rym pracowa艂y 3 osoby. Powiedzia艂em im, kim jestem i 偶e przyszed艂em zap艂aci膰 za wczorajszy wst臋p i jeden m臋偶czyzna wsta艂, 偶eby u艣cisn膮膰 mi d艂o艅. Powiedzia艂 mi, 偶e nie b臋dzie op艂aty, poniewa偶  uwa偶aj膮, 偶e jest to prezent od pa艂acu dla Joan i dla mnie. Powiedzia艂em mu dzi臋kuj臋, ale 偶e chc臋 ui艣ci膰 op艂at臋. Rozumiem, 偶e pa艂ac jest w remoncie, a ka偶da z艂ot贸wka mo偶e pom贸c. Przeprosi艂em za m贸j „biedny”  polski, ale gramatyka i ko艅c贸wki wyraz贸w utrudniaj膮 uczenie si臋. Powiedzia艂, 偶e to nie by艂o takie istotne, ale wa偶ne by艂o, 偶e rozmawiali艣my po polsku, zrozumia艂, co m贸wi艂em, a ja zrozumia艂e, co on m贸wi艂 i mog艂em odpowiedzie膰 na jego pytania tak, aby zrozumia艂. Zapyta艂, sk膮d jeste艣my, dlaczego jeste艣my w okolicy, jak d艂ugo tu jeste艣my i takie rzeczy. Odpowiedzia艂em na wszystkie jego pytania, ponownie u艣cisn膮艂 mi d艂o艅 i po偶egna艂 si臋. To by艂 bardzo mi艂y cz艂owiek, podobnie jak ochroniarz poprzedniego wieczoru.

Dzisiaj pr贸buj臋 co艣 nowego. Moim aparatem nakr臋ci艂em film z trasy od miejsca, w kt贸rym przebywam do centrum rehabilitacji, pr贸buj膮c opowiada膰 najlepiej, jak potrafi艂em. To tylko 7. minutowe nagranie, ale zorientujesz si臋, jak wygl膮da miejsce, w kt贸rym teraz jeste艣my. Je艣li masz troch臋 czasu, aby go zobaczy膰, prosz臋 mi powiedzie膰, co o tym my艣lisz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N4yIxk_skQ&feature=youtu.be