Thursday, September 08, 2016

Payment and road trip.

A good day for Joan and during the break before lunch we went back to the palace to pay the entrance fee. The door to reception was open but led to offices along the southern wing of the palace, none of which were marked Reception. I met a man in the hall who took me to an office with three people working there. I told them who I was and why I was there, to pay yesterday's fee, and one man got up to shake my hand. He told me there would be no charge and to consider it  present from the palace to Joan and I. I told him thank you but I want to pay the fee. I understand the palace is in renovation and every zloty can only help. I apologized for my poor Polish language use, that grammar and endings make it difficult to learn. He said those were not so important but what was important was that we were speaking in Polish, he understood was I was saying, I understood what he was saying and could answer his questions to his understanding. He asked where we came from, why we were in the area, how long we have been here and things like that.  I answered all of his questions, we shook hands again and said goodbye. Like the security guard last night, he was a very nice man.

I'm trying something new tonight. I made a video with my camera of the actual road trip from where I am staying to the rehab center, I tried narrating it as best I could. It's only 7 minutes long but you get an idea of what it is like where we are now. If you take the time to view it, please tell me what you think of it. Use the full screen button on the bottom right of the black frame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N4yIxk_skQ&feature=youtu.be

Dobry dzień dla Joan i podczas przerwy, ale przed obiadem pojechaliśmy do pałacu, aby zapłacić za wstęp. Drzwi do recepcji były otwarte, ale prowadziły do biur wzdłuż południowego skrzydła pałacu, z których żadne nie były oznaczone napisem „Recepcja”. W korytarzu spotkałem mężczyznę, który zabrał mnie do biura, w którym pracowały 3 osoby. Powiedziałem im, kim jestem i że przyszedłem zapłacić za wczorajszy wstęp i jeden mężczyzna wstał, żeby uścisnąć mi dłoń. Powiedział mi, że nie będzie opłaty, ponieważ  uważają, że jest to prezent od pałacu dla Joan i dla mnie. Powiedziałem mu dziękuję, ale że chcę uiścić opłatę. Rozumiem, że pałac jest w remoncie, a każda złotówka może pomóc. Przeprosiłem za mój „biedny”  polski, ale gramatyka i końcówki wyrazów utrudniają uczenie się. Powiedział, że to nie było takie istotne, ale ważne było, że rozmawialiśmy po polsku, zrozumiał, co mówiłem, a ja zrozumiałe, co on mówił i mogłem odpowiedzieć na jego pytania tak, aby zrozumiał. Zapytał, skąd jesteśmy, dlaczego jesteśmy w okolicy, jak długo tu jesteśmy i takie rzeczy. Odpowiedziałem na wszystkie jego pytania, ponownie uścisnął mi dłoń i pożegnał się. To był bardzo miły człowiek, podobnie jak ochroniarz poprzedniego wieczoru.

Dzisiaj próbuję coś nowego. Moim aparatem nakręciłem film z trasy od miejsca, w którym przebywam do centrum rehabilitacji, próbując opowiadać najlepiej, jak potrafiłem. To tylko 7. minutowe nagranie, ale zorientujesz się, jak wygląda miejsce, w którym teraz jesteśmy. Jeśli masz trochę czasu, aby go zobaczyć, proszę mi powiedzieć, co o tym myślisz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N4yIxk_skQ&feature=youtu.be

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:39 PM

    I understand you'd like my name but I prefer to be anonymous. I'm a steady reader of your blog and wish you and Joan the very best. The video was very good. Gave a realistic portrayal of what you're going through living your life in Poland. Truthfully, I'd like to see more videos. The pictures on the right of the blog do not show--only get a google error message 404. Otherwise, been following you for a while
    and hope you read this and let me remain anonymous. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete