Friday, March 03, 2017

A hero.

A BIG day for us. Both feeling much better and good, sunny weather, I took Joan to Kandulski's for the first time in two weeks. She was happy to be outside at last and enjoyed the afternoon. Our virus is almost gone, very little coughing so by Monday we will once again be healthy.

My cousin Andrzej has turned into my computer hero. When we first met in 2003 he didn't really know much about computers but he wanted to know more. Since that time he has far surpassed the workings of the computer, software programs, how to fix problems and he seems to have as much passion for it as I do for genealogy. Case in point, after I fixed the problem of my computer shutting down because of overheating, it shut down again but with a blue screen. The screen said there was a problem with memory, it would shut down and if I wanted to know the problem to go to Memory Management website for the answer. I did but there were so many different answers I didn't know which one was for me. Skyping with Andrzej this week I told him about it and he told me to open my Task Manager and tell him how much memory was being used. I told him 48% and he said that was far too high. He then suggested to open my Startup menu and tell him how many programs were enabled. I told him 8 or 9. He asked why do I have so many programs running in the background using up memory. I told him I didn't know if most of them were essential to keep my laptop working. One by one we through the list and disabled the ones not necessary. In the end I had only 1 open and my memory dropped from 48 to 24% after I restarted my laptop. Best of all, my laptop starts faster now from sign in to operational, 35 seconds, It's not the first time he has helped me with problems. He's always looking for new things in computerland and know far more about the new technology than I. That's why he's my computer hero, because he is always looking for something new to try.

Wielki dzień dla nas. Zarówno czuje się znacznie lepiej i dobra, słoneczna pogoda, wziąłem Joan do Kandulski dla po raz pierwszy w ciągu dwóch tygodni. Była szczęśliwa, że ​​w końcu na zewnątrz i cieszyliśmy się po południu. Nasz wirusem jest prawie nie było, więc bardzo mało kaszel poniedziałku będziemy znów być zdrowym.

Mój kuzyn Andrzej zwrócił się do mojego komputera bohatera. Kiedy po raz pierwszy spotkali się w 2003 roku tak naprawdę nie wiem zbyt wiele na temat komputerów, ale chce wiedzieć więcej. Od tamtej pory znacznie przekroczyła funkcjonowanie komputera, oprogramowania, jak rozwiązać problemy, a on wydaje się mieć tyle pasji do niej, jak zrobić dla genealogii. Sprawa w punkcie, po tym jak stały problem mój komputer zamknięcie z powodu przegrzania, to zamknąć ponownie, ale z niebieskim ekranie. Ekran że wystąpił problem z pamięcią, to wyłącz i gdybym chciał wiedzieć problemu, aby przejść do strony zarządzania pamięcią za odpowiedź. Zrobiłem, ale nie było tak wielu różnych odpowiedzi, że nie wiem który z nich było dla mnie. Skyping z Andrzejem tym tygodniu powiedziałem mu o tym, a on powiedział mi, aby otworzyć Menedżera zadań i powiedzieć mu, ile pamięci był używany. Powiedziałem mu 48%, a on powiedział, że był zbyt wysoki. Następnie zaproponował, aby otworzyć menu startowe i powiedzieć mu, w jaki sposób zostały włączone wiele programów. Powiedziałem mu 8 lub 9. Pytał, dlaczego mam tak wiele programów uruchomionych w tle przy użyciu pamięć. Powiedziałem mu, że nie wiem, czy większość z nich była niezbędna, aby utrzymać moją pracę laptopa. Jeden po drugim abyśmy przez liście i wyłączyć te nie są konieczne. W końcu miałem tylko jeden otwarty i moja pamięć spadła z 48 do 24%, po tym jak ponownie uruchomić mojego laptopa. Najlepszy ze wszystkich, mój laptop zaczyna się teraz szybciej od podpisania w celu operacyjnych, 35 sekund, to nie jest pierwszy raz, kiedy pomógł mi z problemami. On zawsze szuka nowych rzeczy w ComputerLand i wiedzieć znacznie więcej o nowej technologii niż ja właśnie dlatego, że to mój komputer bohaterem, ponieważ jest on zawsze szuka czegoś nowego spróbować.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:35 AM

    Hi David and Joan, I won't this time respond to your outbursts about the Polish Government and the forests, I put it down to not taking your medication or your recent conversation with Z...I could still see you leading the protest movements in Poland, my post is to offer health advice, firstly could I offer you a threes stage health plan so that you could get back to good health..
    Firstly David and Joan more exercise please both of you, get yourself a good exercise bike, David build up to 30 minutes and Joan 45 minutes, then some stomach exercises.. Diet, your choice of food is shocking, more greens, fish and beans....don't go near meat, dairy food and oils and you will be in perfect health, just ask you friend Bill Clinton, he has no meat, diary food and oils, your blood fat levels will be perfect, lastly no more lying in bed and staying home for weeks, get out and get some vitamin C and D into you, if its too cold go walk around inside a large shopping centre. Alcohol in moderation please. If you like I will send you a good night cap, which includes ginger, timmerac, lemon and honey, cheers for now, take care Ps Go Trump

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon, thank you for your advice. Yes, an exercise would be good. You really don't know what we eat. IF we eat meat, it is once in a week. Our main meals three or four days a week are salads with more greens, raw vegetables, fish than you probably eat. Daily we take Vitamin C, D and B12. The only milk we have is in the morning with musli. The only time we laid in bed was this time because of the virus. We very rarely drink any type of alcohol. Yes, I agree, GO TRUMP..out of the White House. :-)

    ReplyDelete