Sunday, March 19, 2017

Meeting.

I met today with an acquaintance lawyer/husband/father who is also a marathon runner and he told me next Sunday he will participate in a half marathon in Poznań. I've got to give him a lot of credit, it doesn't seem to be the best weather for running a marathon. However, I do remember that in the years that Joan and I were runners, these cooler days were good because you didn't get overheated. I like talking with him because I learn more about Polish history, law and things you don't normally read about locally. Sometimes his wife accompanies him and I like talking with her also because she, like he, is usually full of energy and has a positive attitude. I also like the contrast in conversations with the two of them, usually we talk about completely different subjects and it's a good learning experience for me.

I thought Joan needed a break today from staying home so afterwards I picked her up and took her to Kandulski's for coffee and cake. We talked about our upcoming trip to Spain and tonight's Skype conversation with her daughter, Karen. They have already made the time change so, at present, they are six hours behind us. It makes me feel good that Joan now has a regular, bi-monthly, Skype with her daughter.  I wish I could say the same for my son and I.

Spotkałem się dziś ze znajomym prawnikiem/mężem /ojcem, który jest również maratończykiem. Powiedział mi, że najbliższą niedzielę weźmie udział w półmaratonie w Poznaniu. Wydaje się, że pogoda nie sprzyja biegnięciu maratonu. Jednak pamiętam, że w latach, gdy Joan i ja biegaliśmy, te chłodniejsze dni były dobre, ponieważ człek się nie przegrzewał. Lubię z nim rozmawiać, bo dowiaduję się więcej na temat polskiej historii, prawa i rzeczy, o których zwykle się nie czyta. Czasem towarzyszy mu jego żona i lubię rozmawiać z nią, także dlatego, że, podobnie jak on, jest zwykle pełna energii i ma pozytywne nastawienie. Lubię również kontrast w rozmowach z nimi, zwykle poruszamy różne tematy, dzięki czemu dowiaduję się różnych rzeczy.

Sądziłem, że Joan przyda się dziś przerwa od pobytu w domu, więc zabrałem ją do Kandulskiego na kawę i ciasto. Rozmawialiśmy o naszej zbliżającej się podróży do Hiszpanii i wieczornej rozmowie z córką Karen na Skypie. Oni mieli już zmianę czasu, więc są sześć godzin za nami. Cieszę się, że Joan teraz regularnie, co dwa miesiące, rozmawia przez Skype z córką. Chciałbym móc powiedzieć to samo o moim synu i mnie.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:51 PM

    Trump is clearly mentally ill. Whether it is malignant narcissism, the Dark Triad of psychopathy, narcissism and Machiavellianism, pathological lying, or some other aberration, there is really no question. Those who shrug that off are themselves desperate, grabbing at whatever promises Trump made that suited their particular needs. The promises of jobs, or growth, or deregulation, or military superiority, or draining the swamp, or limited government, etc. etc. etc. Are all empty promises of a mentally ill person who is very good at reading an audience and saying what they want to hear. The promises will prove to be empty ones and then there will be excuses as to why it is not Trump's fault and we have to give him even more power to achieve his "vision". We are heading down a very dangerous path, unless we call out and take action on what is actually going on here. (I HAD TO SHARE THIS WITH YOU.)

    ReplyDelete