Thursday, March 16, 2017

Interesting day.

I had an interesting morning meeting with a dermatologist from Iran who has been in Poland 20 years and speaks Polish very well. It was just about a small problem, no big deal, just something I wanted taken care of by NFZ while I still have it. NFZ, the national health care system as we know it today, will change drastically in June and I don't know what that will mean for Joan and I, not being Polish citizens.

After that meeting I had to go to the building next door, an orthopedic and rehab. hospital, to put my name on the waiting list for the hand surgery. There were 40 people waiting to register with ONLY one person doing the registration. This was at 9:00 in the morning.  It took about 15 minutes for one registration so I wasn't about to wait for the other 39 to finish before it would be my turn. One thing I did learn well when I was in the military is that I absolutely hate waiting.

On the bright side, these two places were on a street I have never been before, 28 June 1956. Yes, that is the name of the street. It is named to remember the date of the Poznań Uprising against the Peoples Republic of Poland, under the control of the Soviet Union.  I saw a lot of interesting old buildings as well as new ones. I should go back there and take pictures this summer.

Miałem ciekawą porannym spotkaniu z dermatologiem z Iranu, który został w Polska 20 lat i mówi po polsku bardzo dobrze. To był tylko o mały problem, nic wielkiego, po prostu coś chciałem pod opieką przez NFZ, a ja wciąż mam. NFZ, krajowy system opieki zdrowotnej, jak znamy ją dzisiaj, zmieni się drastycznie w czerwcu i nie wiem, co to będzie oznaczać dla Joan i ja, nie będących obywatelami polskimi.

Po tym spotkaniu miałem udać się do budynku obok, ortopeda i rehabilitacji. szpital, aby umieścić swoje nazwisko na liście oczekujących na chirurgii ręki. Było 40 osób oczekujących na zarejestrować się tylko jedna osoba robi rejestracji. Było to o godzinie 9:00 rano. Zajęło to około 15 minut na jednej rejestracji, więc nie miał zamiaru czekać na drugiej 39, aby zakończyć, zanim będzie to moja kolej. Jedną rzeczą, jaką zrobiłem uczyć dobrze, kiedy byłem w wojsku jest taka, że ​​ja absolutnie nienawidzę czekać.

Z drugiej strony, te dwa miejsca były na ulicy nigdy nie byłem wcześniej, 28 czerwca 1956. Tak, to nazwa ulicy. Jej nazwa pochodzi zapamiętać datę Powstania Poznańskiego przeciwko Republice Ludowej w Polsce, pod kontrolą Związku Radzieckiego. Widziałem wiele interesujących starych budynków, jak i nowych. muszę tam wrócić i robić zdjęcia tego lata.

No comments:

Post a Comment