Monday, November 23, 2015

Cards.

Colder weather has descended upon us and today the high was 1c. That's still not bad for almost the end of November.

Thanks, John, for the comment and I can't agree with you more.

Today I mailed out Christmas cards to some relatives in the U.S. via normal mail in the hope that they will arrive by Christmas. You may think that strange but I mailed our cards last year on the 1st of December and some didn't arrive until the end of January. If you mail them with a priority you have a better chance of them getting there on time but they cost three times more. The postal system is here is in dire need of overhaul but it doesn't seem to be a priority. With this new government in charge, who knows what is going to happen in the next five years.

I posted two time lapse photography video's on my FB page I found of the two best places Joan and I have lived, the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and Chicago. It was good watching them. Though it was harder living in the U.P, it is still my favorite because we were surrounded by nature, forests, lakes and a lot less people. I am definitely not an anti-social person but I do like solitude, peace and quiet. When I think of my life living in the forest in the U.P., in winter it was so quiet you could hear the snow fall. We don't have that now but I'm not unhappy either. It's just a different way of life.

I talked with the lawyer about those properties and agreed to give him copies of the last three letters I have received. I'll drop them off at his office, he will read them and tell me what his advice is.

Cieplej pogoda zstąpił na nas i dziś wysoki był 1c. To jeszcze nie jest źle, prawie do końca listopada.

Dzięki, John, za komentarz i nie mogę się z tobą zgodzić się więcej.

Dziś wysłałem na kartki świąteczne do niektórych krewnych w USA poprzez zwykłą pocztą, w nadziei, że dojdzie do świąt Bożego Narodzenia. Możesz myśleć, że dziwne, ale wysłałem naszych kart w zeszłym roku w dniu 1 grudnia, a niektóre nie dotarli aż do końca stycznia. Jeśli wysłać je z priorytetem masz większe szanse z nich dostanie się tam na czas, ale to kosztuje trzy razy więcej. System pocztowy jest tutaj, jest pilnie potrzebuje remontu, ale to nie wydaje się być priorytetem. Z tego nowego rządu do spraw, kto wie, co się wydarzy w ciągu najbliższych pięciu lat.

Zamieściłem dwa Time lapse fotografii wideo na mojej stronie FB znalazłem z dwóch najlepszych miejsc Joan i żyłem, Upper Peninsula of Michigan i Chicago. To było dobre, ich oglądanie. Choć było trudniej mieszka w UP, nadal jest moim ulubionym, ponieważ byliśmy w otoczeniu przyrody, lasów, jezior i dużo mniej ludzi. Z pewnością nie jestem osobą antyspołeczne ale lubię samotności, ciszy i spokoju. Kiedy myślę o moim życiu mieszkających w lesie, w górę, w zimie to było tak cicho słychać spadek śniegu. Nie mamy, że teraz, ale nie jestem niezadowolony albo. To jest po prostu inny sposób na życie.

Rozmawiałem z prawnikiem na temat tych właściwości i zgodził się dać mu kopie ostatnich trzech listów, które otrzymałem. Będę je tam zostawić w jego biurze, on je przeczytać i powiedzieć mi, co jego rada.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:15 PM

    There is a trick for sending mail to the US the fast way. Go to the post office, ask for stamps and ask for a "PAR AVION" or "AIRMAIL" stamp. It is just a stamp, there is no increase in stamp cost. But it will make your stuff go via air mail (think: 1-2 weeks for delivery) vs. ship (6-8 weeks standard delivery) for the same cost. I have been doing it for decades now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I sold my house in Minnesota while I was in Poland at language camps, I received the papers that I sign via FedEx. I found it would cost me about $90 to return them with FedEx or DHL. I was advised simply to go to a Polish post office and send them via a special way that cost me $25. I put the papers into the mail in Zakopane on a Wednesday and they were received in Saint Paul on Friday. Thus, I have no complaints about the Polish post office services.

    ReplyDelete