Saturday, November 26, 2016

Snow.

Another foggy day with colder weather descended on Pozna艅 this morning as I woke up early. I put away thoughts of sunny days now and now the reality of winter approaches with it's colder weather and maybe even snow. Don't get me wrong, I like snow. However, I like it for Christmas and then it can go away for another year. We have spent, Joan and I, many years in a climate where snow was normal for that time of the year and it just doesn't seem right without it.

There is something peaceful about snow. maybe it's the way it covers all the dirty parts of the area or the way it makes the noise of daily life less loud. Snow in the middle of a forest is a beautiful thing even if it is high enough to come up to your knees. Ski's or snowshoes make it possible to go anywhere when that happens and I spent many a day taking long walking trips in snowshoes when I lived in Michigan. The unknown lake 3km behind where I built my house was my most favorite place to go.  Depending on the depth of the snow, it could take two hours to get there but it was so peaceful and beautiful there the trip was always worth it. With a little food, water and coffee in my backpack, it wasn't hard to make a fire and sit for a few  hours just looking at the landscape and the occasional wild animals that would pass by. On days when a neighbor would come over on his ski's or snowshoes we would make the trip together. Yes, snow can be a beautiful thing if you have the time to enjoy it.

Kolejny mglisty dzie艅 w ch艂odniejsze dni zst膮pi艂 na Pozna艅 dzi艣 rano obudzi艂em si臋 wcze艣nie. I od艂o偶y膰 my艣li s艂oneczne dni teraz, a teraz rzeczywisto艣膰 zima zbli偶a si臋 z jego ch艂odniejsze dni, a mo偶e nawet 艣nieg. Nie zrozumcie mnie 藕le, lubi臋 艣nieg. Jednak chcia艂bym go na Bo偶e Narodzenie i to mo偶e odej艣膰 na kolejny rok. Sp臋dzili艣my, Joan i ja, wiele lat w klimacie, gdzie 艣nieg by艂 normalny dla tej porze roku i to po prostu nie wydaje si臋 s艂uszne bez niego.

Jest co艣 spokojny o 艣niegu. Mo偶e to spos贸b obejmuje wszystkie brudne cz臋艣ci obszaru lub spos贸b, w jaki czyni ha艂as codziennego 偶ycia mniej g艂o艣no. 艢nieg w 艣rodku lasu jest pi臋kn膮 rzecz膮, nawet je艣li jest wystarczaj膮co wysoki, aby przyj艣膰 do kolan. Narciarski lub rakiety umo偶liwiaj膮 nigdzie i艣膰, kiedy to si臋 stanie i ja sp臋dzi艂em niejeden dzie艅 zajmowanie d艂ugich pieszych w臋dr贸wek w rakietach 艣nie偶nych, kiedy mieszka艂am w Michigan. Nieznany jezioro 3 km za kt贸rym zbudowa艂em m贸j dom by艂 moim ulubionym miejscem. W zale偶no艣ci od g艂臋boko艣ci 艣niegu, to mo偶e potrwa膰 dwie godziny, aby dosta膰 si臋 tam, ale to by艂o tak spokojne i pi臋kne tam podr贸偶 by艂a zawsze warto. Z odrobin膮 偶ywno艣ci, wody i kawy w moim plecaku, to nie by艂o ci臋偶ko, aby ogie艅 i siedzie膰 przez kilka godzin, po prostu patrz膮c na krajobraz i okazjonalnych dzikich zwierz膮t, kt贸re przechodz膮 przez. W dniach, kiedy s膮siad przychodzi艂 na jego nartach lub rakietach 艣nie偶nych chcemy odby膰 podr贸偶 razem. Tak, 艣nieg mo偶e by膰 pi臋kna rzecz, je艣li masz czas, aby cieszy膰 si臋 nim.