Monday, October 19, 2020

Bureaucracy!

Today, I was supposed to pick up my new residency card. Knowing how this bureaucracy works, I called before I went. My notification just said the card was ready and I could pick it up. However, when I called, the man who answered said I first had to make an appointment. Then he said the computer system was opened at 5:00 in the morning to take appointments. I had to go online at that time. make the appointment and then 11 days later I could pick it up. Who makes up these systems that you have to get up at 5 in the morning and then wait 11 days before you can pick up the card. How idiotic!

After another restless night. I went to the local store to buy butter for the oven pancake. Looking at the recipe. I realized the problem with the previous pancake wasn't the olive oil, it was me. I forgot to put in 1/2 cup of milk. No wonder it turned out the way it did.

Later, I did the leg and balance exercises with Joan. 

She had a nice Skype conversation with her daughter and son last night. For the last 2 months, I've been using the feature of saving the video/audio of their meetings. I'll continue doing that and putting them on a pen drive that I will eventually send to Karen. I think it would be nice for her to have. I wish I had such a thing with my mother.

Dzisiaj miałem odebrać nową kartę pobytu. Wiedząc, jak działa ta biurokracja, zadzwoniłem przed wyjazdem. Moje powiadomienie zawierało właśnie informację, że karta jest gotowa i mogę ją odebrać. Jednak kiedy zadzwoniłem, mężczyzna, który odebrał, powiedział, że najpierw muszę umówić się na spotkanie. Następnie powiedział, że system komputerowy został otwarty o 5:00 rano, aby przyjmować spotkania. Musiałem wtedy połączyć się z Internetem. umówić się na wizytę, a 11 dni później mogłem ją odebrać. Kto wymyśla te systemy, że musisz wstać o 5 rano, a następnie poczekać 11 dni, zanim będziesz mógł odebrać kartę. Jaki idiotyczny!

Po kolejnej niespokojnej nocy. Poszedłem do lokalnego sklepu kupić masło na naleśniki z piekarnika. Patrząc na przepis. Zdałem sobie sprawę, że problem z poprzednim naleśnikiem to nie oliwa z oliwek, to ja. Zapomniałem wlać 1/2 szklanki mleka. Nic dziwnego, że tak się potoczyło.

Później wykonałem ćwiczenia nóg i równowagi z Joan.

Wczoraj wieczorem odbyła przyjemną rozmowę przez Skype z córką i synem. Od 2 miesięcy korzystam z funkcji zapisywania wideo / audio z ich spotkań. Będę to robić dalej i umieszczać je na pendrive, który ostatecznie wyślę do Karen. Myślę, że byłoby miło dla niej mieć. Żałuję, że nie mam czegoś takiego z matką.

Hoy, se suponía que debía recoger mi nueva tarjeta de residencia. Sabiendo cómo funciona esta burocracia, llamé antes de irme. Mi notificación solo decía que la tarjeta estaba lista y que podía recogerla. Sin embargo, cuando llamé, el hombre que respondió dijo que primero tenía que concertar una cita. Luego dijo que el sistema informático se abrió a las 5:00 de la mañana para tomar citas. Tenía que conectarme en ese momento. Haga la cita y luego 11 días después podría recogerla. Quien inventa estos sistemas que tienes que levantarte a las 5 de la mañana y luego esperar 11 días antes de poder retirar la tarjeta. ¡Qué idiota!

Después de otra noche inquieta. Fui a la tienda local a comprar mantequilla para el panqueque del horno. Mirando la receta. Me di cuenta de que el problema con el panqueque anterior no era el aceite de oliva, era yo. Olvidé poner 1/2 taza de leche. No es de extrañar que resultó como lo hizo.

Más tarde hice los ejercicios de piernas y equilibrio con Joan.

Anoche tuvo una agradable conversación por Skype con su hija y su hijo. Durante los últimos 2 meses, he estado usando la función de guardar el video / audio de sus reuniones. Seguiré haciéndolo y poniéndolos en un pendrive que eventualmente le enviaré a Karen. Creo que sería bueno para ella tenerlo. Ojalá tuviera algo así con mi madre.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:43 AM

    Well, something to look forward to "in 11 days" (LET'S HOPE)!

    It puzzled me as I sure didn't think there was that ollve oil substituted
    for butter would've made that much of a difference (as I sub it often myself);
    glad you discovered the missing milk ingredient (as it would be a shame to avoid
    what sounds like a delish lpancake recipe)!

    Now...WHERE did you take thaT photo of a really GORGEOUS tree (and scene)in your headline photo? And, would you be able to put a caption of photos you place there
    (as headliners)-- quite a few times, I've noted some really nice pics there, but
    with no info about them (like this one). Thanks!

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie, I'm glad I found the mistake too. You have to try that pancake with yogurt. 1/2 cup flour, 3 eggs, 1/2 milk:-), 3 tablespoons melted butter all whisked together.1 tablespoon olive oil to lightly oil an 11" frying pan, bottom, and sides of the pan. Preheat oven to 200C. Bake for 12-18 minutes until the inside of the created "bowl" is lightly browned. Take it out, cut in half. Put yogurt on one side of each half, fold it over, and put yogurt on top. Quick and easy.

    That tree is a 200-year old Wisteria tree in Japan. I wish I would have been able to photograph it.

    Yes, I will label all future pictures.

    ReplyDelete