Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Once more to the breach!

Following the advice I got yesterday from immigration to go online between 06:00-08:00 to make an appointment, I did it at 06:01. All I got was a red circle going around for one minute and then a blank page. I tried 5 more times with the same result. I waited until 08:15 when the department was SUPPOSED to be open, called, and got no answer. After trying 5 more times, I sent an email to the secretary of the director relating my problems. At 08:45, I finally was connected.

This time, I was speaking to a man who, again, told me I have to call at 05:00 to make the appointment and the website is only open for 10 minutes. 10 minutes? Why only 10 minutes? After 10 minutes you only get a red circle. So, 2 different people telling me 2 different answers. This is normal in Poland. They don't seem to communicate with each other or are all told the same thing. That is bureaucracy in a nutshell in Poland. Tomorrow I will get up at 04:45 and try again. Oh, and one other thing, you have to make your appointment for 11 business days from the day you call. This procedure is all because of Covid-19. It affects every aspect of life now, and the number of cases here continues to go up.

Zgodnie z radą, którą wczoraj otrzymałem od imigracji, aby połączyć się z Internetem między 06: 00-08: 00, aby umówić się na spotkanie, zrobiłem to o 06:01. Wszystko, co otrzymałem, to czerwone kółko kręcące się przez minutę, a następnie pusta strona. Próbowałem jeszcze 5 razy z tym samym wynikiem. Czekałem do 08:15, kiedy to wydział miał być otwarty, zadzwoniłem i nie otrzymałem odpowiedzi. Po kolejnych 5 próbach wysłałem e-mail do sekretarza dyrektora z informacją o moich problemach. O 08:45 w końcu zostałem podłączony.

Tym razem rozmawiałem z mężczyzną, który znowu powiedział mi, że muszę zadzwonić o 05:00, żeby umówić się na spotkanie, a strona jest otwarta tylko przez 10 minut. 10 minut? Dlaczego tylko 10 minut? Po 10 minutach pojawia się tylko czerwone kółko. Tak więc 2 różne osoby mówią mi 2 różne odpowiedzi. To normalne w Polsce. Wydaje się, że nie komunikują się ze sobą lub wszystkim mówi się to samo. To w pigułce biurokracja w Polsce. Jutro wstanę o 04:45 i spróbuję ponownie. Aha, i jeszcze jedno, musisz umówić się na wizytę na 11 dni roboczych od dnia, w którym zadzwonisz. Ta procedura jest spowodowana przez Covid-19. Ma to wpływ na każdy aspekt życia teraz, a liczba przypadków tutaj stale rośnie.

Siguiendo el consejo que recibí ayer de inmigración de conectarme en línea entre las 06: 00-08: 00 para hacer una cita, lo hice a las 06:01. Todo lo que obtuve fue un círculo rojo dando vueltas durante un minuto y luego una página en blanco. Intenté 5 veces más con el mismo resultado. Esperé hasta las 08:15 cuando se suponía que el departamento estaba abierto, llamé y no obtuve respuesta. Después de intentar 5 veces más, envié un correo electrónico a la secretaria del director relatando mis problemas. A las 08:45, finalmente me conecté.

Esta vez, estaba hablando con un hombre que, nuevamente, me dijo que tenía que llamar a las 05:00 para hacer la cita y que el sitio web solo está abierto por 10 minutos. ¿10 minutos? ¿Por qué solo 10 minutos? Después de 10 minutos, solo aparece un círculo rojo. Entonces, 2 personas diferentes me dicen 2 respuestas diferentes. Esto es normal en Polonia. No parecen comunicarse entre sí o se les dice lo mismo a todos. Eso es burocracia en pocas palabras en Polonia. Mañana me levantaré a las 04:45 e intentaré de nuevo. Ah, y otra cosa, tienes que programar tu cita para 11 días hábiles a partir del día en que llamas. Todo este procedimiento se debe a Covid-19. Afecta todos los aspectos de la vida ahora, y el número de casos aquí sigue aumentando.

2 comments:

  1. For some reason when I click on the comment section nothing happens not even a blue circle :). I have to open a new window to get in. Never had that problem before.
    We have Dombrowski (Dabrowski) relatives on my husband's side of the family. They come from the Lomza area of Poland. Of course Dombrowski (Dabrowski) is a very common name in Poland.
    Saw a cute sign today: "BYE DON" If you look on Amazon there are some really good signs.
    If you don't hear from me again, its because the Proud Boys got me. :) They are coming for people not voting for the BumP.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Helen. IF the "Loud Boys" show up, dial 911 and report house invasion.
    Unfortunately, I can't control the blog program errors.
    I don't have information where our Dabrowski came from.

    ReplyDelete