Saturday, January 02, 2021

Crazy dream.

Talk about being crazy, last night I had the weirdest dream. It started with me coming back home from doing my weekly shopping. Usually, Joan is still in bed but it was different this time. I pulled into the area where the garages are behind the building. Included in the monthly rent is a garage unit for our flat. It's the first one closest to the entrance door to the building. I stopped the car in front of the overhead door, got out, drove the car in, opened the back compartment of our Fiat Panda car, took out the 2 heavy bags of food, put them just outside of the garage so I could close the door. I put one of the bags with a long cloth carrying handles over my left shoulder and carried the other in my right hand to the entrance door. I unlocked the entrance door and carried the bags up the four flights of stairs to our flat. I leave the apartment door unlocked so I can easily open it upon my return.

Inside, I carried the bags into the kitchen and put the food away. Walking into the living room, I was surprised when looking at the Christmas tree. The tree is artificial. We bought it several years ago because it was easier to use each year instead of buying a natural tree that required carrying up and down the stairs. I prefer a natural, live tree but am not crazy about cleaning up the mess when it's time to take it down. 

I was surprised when I saw the tree. Joan had taken the top-half part of the tree down and removed the lights and ornaments. On the bottom half of the tree, she had removed the lights and ornaments but only from the right side so it was leaning to the left. It amazed me because when I looked into the bedroom, she was still sleeping in the bed. I couldn't figure out how she had done all of that and went back to bed. First of all, Joan is unable to get out of bed by herself, and yet she must have done it. Secondly, with her balance problem, she can't stand alone and yet she would have had to in order to reach the top half of the tree to remove it.

The next part of the dream was me opening up a bag full of presents from our friend, Alina, who lives in Bydgoszcz, a 1 1/2 hours drive northeast of us. She had arranged for a young man who works in Poznan to deliver them to us. In the bag was a diary for Joan to write in, coffee, tea, a box of plum treats, a magnifying glass with a built-in light, 3 different kinds of gummy bears. a package of chocolate, and 3 individually wrapped pictures of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Sammy Davis, Jr. It seemed to be a picture of all three of them in one picture that was divided into three parts. Each picture had a magnet attached to the back of it and you could arrange them on the refrigerator door to see the original picture put back together again, which I did.

That was my dream. How my subconscious mind put that all together, I have no idea. I get the part about the three pictures because a few days ago we watched an old movie with those three people in it. How or why my mind arranged them the way it did is a mystery. I usually have strange dreams like that when I wake up too early, stay up for a little while and then go back to bed. Then, those kinds of weird dreams occur that I remember.

A side-note: I use the Grammarly program to correct mistakes in my typing. They occur because my fingers are not useful in the normal position for typing that I learned in 7th grade. Sometimes I miss the right keys with the index fingers moving from key to key., Grammarly red-underlines the mistakes for me to correct before I publish a new blog page. It comes in very handy for that after three operations on my hands. I use the free version of Grammarly. 

Kiedy wspomnieć o tym, że jest się szalonym, to zeszłej nocy miałem najdziwniejszy sen. Zaczęło się od tego, że wracałem do domu po zrobieniu cotygodniowych zakupów. Zazwyczaj Joan nadal jest w łóżku, ale tym razem było inaczej. Skręciłem na teren, gdzie za budynkiem są garaże. Do miesięcznego czynszu naszego mieszkania wliczona jest opłata za garaż. Nasz jest pierwszy, który znajduje się najbliżej drzwi wejściowych do budynku. Zatrzymałem samochód przed drzwiami wejściowymi, wysiadłem, wjechałem samochodem, otworzyłem bagażnik naszego samochodu Fiat Panda, wyjąłem 2 ciężkie worki z jedzeniem, postawiłem je tuż za garażem, żebym mógł zamknąć drzwi. Jeden z worków przerzuciłem przez lewe ramię, a drugi niosłem w prawej ręce idąc do drzwi wejściowych. Otworzyłam drzwi wejściowe i zaniosłem torby na czwarte piętrodo naszego mieszkania. Drzwi do mieszkania zostawiłem niezakluczone, aby po powrocie móc je łatwo otworzyć.

Wewnątrz zaniosłem torby do kuchni i wyłożyłem jedzenie. Wchodząc do salonu byłem zaskoczony, gdy patrzyłem na choinkę. Choinka była sztuczna. Kupiliśmy ją kilka lat temu, ponieważ łatwiej jej używać każdego roku, zamiast kupować naturalne drzewko, które wymagało noszenia w górę i w dół po schodach. Wolę choinkę naturalną, żywą, ale nie szaleję na punkcie sprzątania bałaganu, gdy nadchodzi czas, aby ją rozebrać.

Byłem zaskoczony, gdy zobaczyłem to drzewo. Joanna zdjęła górną połowę drzewa i usunęła lampki i ozdoby. Na dolnej połowie drzewa usunęła lampki i ozdoby, ale tylko z prawej strony, więc choinka pochyliła się w lewo. Zadziwiło mnie to, ponieważ kiedy zajrzałem do sypialni, ona nadal spała w łóżku. Nie mogłem zrozumieć, jak to wszystko zrobiła i wróciła do łóżka. Przede wszystkim Joan nie jest w stanie sama wstać z łóżka, a jednak musiała to zrobić. Po drugie, z jej problemem z równowagą, nie może stać sama, a jednak musiałaby dotrzeć do górnej połowy drzewa, aby ją usunąć.

Następną częścią snu było otwarcie torby pełnej prezentów od naszej przyjaciółki, Aliny, która mieszka w Bydgoszczy, półtorej godziny jazdy na północny wschód od nas. Zaangażowała młodego człowieka, który pracuje w Poznaniu, aby je nam dostarczyć. W torbie był pamiętnik dla Joan do pisania, kawa, herbata, pudełko smakołyków ze śliwką, lupa z wbudowaną lampką, 3 różne rodzaje gumowych misiów. tabliczka czekolady, oraz 3 indywidualnie zapakowane zdjęcia: Franka Sinatry, Deana Martina i Sammy'ego Davisa, Jr. Wydawało się, że jest to zdjęcie wszystkich trzech z nich na jednym zdjęciu, które zostało podzielone na trzy części. Każde zdjęcie miało magnes przymocowany z tyłu i można było je ułożyć na drzwiach lodówki, aby zobaczyć oryginalne zdjęcie złożone z trzech części, co też zrobiłem.

To był mój sen. Jak moja podświadomość poskładała to wszystko razem, nie mam pojęcia. Część o trzech zdjęciach mogę wyjaśnić, ponieważ kilka dni temu oglądaliśmy stary film z tymi trzema osobami. Jak lub dlaczego mój umysł ułożył je tak, jak to zrobił, jest tajemnicą. Zazwyczaj mam takie dziwne sny, kiedy budzę się za wcześnie, wstaję na chwilę i wracam do łóżka. Wtedy pojawiają się takie dziwne sny, które pamiętam.

Na marginesie: Używam programu Grammarly do poprawiania błędów w pisaniu. Zdarzają się one dlatego, że nie mogę ułożyć moich palców w normalnej pozycji jak do pisania, której nauczyłem się w 7 klasie. Czasami brakuje mi odpowiednich klawiszy, a palce wskazujące przesuwają się z przycisku na przycisk. Błędy gramatyczne podkreślone na czerwono są tymi, które muszę poprawić przed opublikowaniem nowej strony bloga. Program bardzo się do tego przydaje po trzech operacjach moich rąk. Używam darmowej wersji Grammarly.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that was some dream and so detailed. It's amazing that you could remember it that well. My dreams usually fade from my memory very fast.
    Anyway, It made me laugh. My husband would always dream of running around with the 3 stooges.

    Your mentioning Joan's dementia reminded me of my Dad and Mom. I would call or visit and if my mom wasn't home I would ask my dad where she was and he would always say, "I know she told me where she was going, but I can't remember." However, he could recite a poem, word for word from when he was just a young child, that the kids made up while they took the ferry across the East Lake in Manistee, Michigan to go to school. It was about Old Man Farr, who I think owned a Lumber Mill in East Lake. His dementia never got very bad, but my mom had full blown Dementia or maybe Alzheimer's. Towards the end she didn't know who I was. She kept asking me where her daughter was and if her taxes were paid.
    You mentioned shopping in Marquette in the U.P. My Husband's nephew was a Pediatrician in Marquette. He died in 2016 of liver cancer. He was 53 years old. He left behind a wife and two young sons. Like your son, they both were just to young to leave.
    Maybe Joan would do better, if she started with a large print child's word search puzzle. If you could find one. I see them in Dollar stores here. I don't know if they have those kind of stores in Poland.
    Thanks to a Trump appointing a jerk as Post Master our mail has been very slow. I sent our grand-daughter in Chicago a birthday present, mailed it on Dec. 8th. she got it on the 27th. Her birthday was the 14th. I received a letter from Poland on the 27th. that was post marked on Dec. 4th. So, it only took 4 extra day to get mail from overseas.
    January 20th can't get here fast enough. Well it's 4:00 am. CNN just announced the democrats won the Senate seats. Things are looking up.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Helen.
    I do have large, child crosswords and word search puzzles for Joan. We don't have Dollar stores but the are plenty online that I download.

    Mt brother's favorite place to go fishing was the Manistee River. I went with him once and it was the first time I saw a river where you could see the bottom.
    Thanks for being a reader of my blog and it will be a better New Year.

    ReplyDelete