Thursday, January 28, 2021

MRI done.

 Can you believe it? The sun was actually shining through the clouds today. We really need it after waking up at 6:30 to prepare for Joan's CT scan. However, once we were at the center for it. I was told it was an MRI, not a CT scan. That kind of worried me because the technician last week said with the metal clips in her brain from the aneurysm 30 years ago, it could be dangerous to have an MRI. Today's technician, an older man, said it wasn't a problem. So, she had the examination MRI but the results won't be available for two weeks. That also concerned me.

My concern centered around our meeting next Tuesday with the neurologist. He wanted to have the results examined at our meeting. I thought it might be better to reschedule our appointment and called to advise him. He returned my call and said the results would be in a system he has access to so I should keep the appointment as scheduled.

I feel like my brain is getting scattered. I make appointments to mee someone on Skype, write it down, know on the day I have a meeting but then something comes up and I just forget it. It happened yesterday with a friend from Bydgoszcz. She even sent me an SMS in the morning but I didn't look at my phone until late in the day so I missed her again. Maybe I need to start putting signs on the wall for me. I hate when that happens. It's like with my glasses, I put them down somewhere and then spend 20 minutes trying to find them. There is just too much going on daily to keep up with.

Możecie w to uwierzyć? Przez chmury prześwitywało dziś słońce. Naprawdę go potrzebowaliśmy po pobudce o 6:30, żeby przygotować się do tomografii Joanny. Jednak, gdy już byliśmy w centrum. Powiedziano mi, że to rezonans magnetyczny, a nie tomografia komputerowa. To mnie zmartwiło, ponieważ technik w zeszłym tygodniu powiedział, że z metalowymi klipsami w jej mózgu od tętniaka sprzed 30 lat, zrobienie rezonansu może być niebezpieczne. Dzisiejszy technik, starszy człowiek, powiedział, że to nie jest problem. Więc, ona miała badanie MRI, ale wyniki nie będą dostępne przez dwa tygodnie. To też mnie zaniepokoiło.

Moje obawy skupiały się wokół naszego spotkania w przyszły wtorek z neurologiem. On chciał mieć wyniki badane na naszym spotkaniu. Pomyślałem, że może lepiej byłoby przełożyć nasz termin i zadzwoniłem, żeby go o tym poinformować. Oddzwonił do mnie i powiedział, że wyniki będą w systemie, do którego ma dostęp, więc powinienem utrzymać spotkanie zgodnie z planem.

Mam wrażenie, że mój mózg jest coraz bardziej rozproszony. Umawiam się z kimś na Skype, zapisuję, wiem, że mam spotkanie, ale potem coś wypada i po prostu o tym zapominam. Tak się stało wczoraj z koleżanką z Bydgoszczy. Wysłała mi nawet rano SMS-a, ale nie spojrzałam na telefon aż do późna, więc znów ją przegapiłam. Może muszę zacząć stawiać znaki na ścianie dla mnie. Nienawidzę, kiedy to się dzieje. To jest jak z moimi okularami, kładę je gdzieś w dół, a potem spędzam 20 minut próbując je znaleźć. Tam jest właśnie zbyt dużo idący dalej codziennie by nadążyć.

 ¿Te lo puedes creer? El sol realmente brillaba a través de las nubes hoy. Realmente lo necesitamos después de levantarnos a las 6:30 para preparar el TAC de Joan. Sin embargo, una vez que estuvimos en el centro para ello. Me dijeron que era una resonancia magnética, no un TAC. Eso me preocupó porque el técnico de la semana pasada dijo que con los clips metálicos en su cerebro por el aneurisma de hace 30 años, podría ser peligroso hacerse una resonancia magnética. El técnico de hoy, un hombre mayor, dijo que no había problema. Así que se hizo la resonancia magnética, pero los resultados no estarán disponibles hasta dentro de dos semanas. Eso también me preocupó.

Mi preocupación se centraba en nuestra reunión del próximo martes con el neurólogo. Quería que los resultados se examinaran en nuestra reunión. Pensé que sería mejor reprogramar nuestra cita y le llamé para avisarle. Me devolvió la llamada y me dijo que los resultados estarían en un sistema al que él tiene acceso, así que debería mantener la cita como estaba programada.

Siento que mi cerebro se está dispersando. Pido citas para reunirme con alguien por Skype, lo apunto, lo sé el día que tengo la reunión pero luego surge algo y se me olvida. Ayer me pasó con una amiga de Bydgoszcz. Incluso me envió un SMS por la mañana, pero no miré el teléfono hasta última hora del día, así que se me volvió a pasar. Tal vez tenga que empezar a poner señales en la pared para mí. Odio cuando eso sucede. Es como con mis gafas, las dejo en algún sitio y luego me paso 20 minutos intentando encontrarlas. Hay demasiadas cosas que suceden a diario para estar.

No comments:

Post a Comment