Sunday, March 08, 2015

Bicycling and water.

Beautiful day today, sunny, 18c. Good day for a walk but until Joan's red eye goes away I think it's better to stay inside. I met Przemek as I was putting my car into the garage. He was adjusting his bicycle before riding it. He asked if I was a bike rider but I told him under the circumstance that Joan doesn't ride, neither do I. He said he had 4 bicycles and that if I wanted to ride with him I could use one of his bikes. Joan said I should do it if I wanted to and so maybe I will. It's been many years since I rode a bike but I don't think it would be a problem. I could certainly use another form of exercise other than walking.

We paid the water bill for last month, 56zl and it still isn't agreeable for me that since water bills must be paid to a private company instead of to the building administrator our water bill for a year went from 200zl up to 700zl. However, there is nothing we can do about it.

Recently I began thinking I am too critical of my ability to speak Polish. Yes, I make a lot of grammar mistakes and I am not fluent with the language but I can communicate with most people, maybe not on a high level but good enough to get my idea across and that is the most important thing. So I am changing my thinking in this area, will continue studying and learning from my mistakes but will not be unhappy with my progress.

Also, today Warsaw finally opened the second "Metro" line. In the U.S. it's called a subway line because it is all underground. On Sunday, after 9.30, it opened the second section of the subway line. The Mayor of Warsaw stressed that this historic moment of Warsaw and apologized for the delays in construction. On Sunday the ride is free.

Piękny dzień dzisiaj, słoneczny, 18c. Dobry dzień na spacer, ale do czerwonego oka Joanny odchodzi Myślę, że lepiej jest pozostać wewnątrz. Spotkałem Przemek jak chowałem mój samochód do garażu. Był dostosowując swój rower przed jazda go. Spytał, czy jestem rowerzysta, ale powiedziałem mu pod okoliczność, że Joan nie jeździć, ja też nie Powiedział, że miał 4 rowery i że jeśli chcę jechać z nim można używać jednego ze swoich rowerów. Joan powiedziała należy zrobić, jeśli chcę, a więc może będę. Minęło wiele lat od czasu, kiedy jechał na rowerze, ale nie sądzę, że będzie to problemem. Mógłbym oczywiście użyć innej formy ćwiczeń innego niż chodzenie.Zapłaciliśmy rachunek wody w zeszłym miesiącu, 56zl i nadal nie jest miłe dla mnie, że ponieważ rachunki za wodę należy zwrócić się do prywatnej firmy, a nie do administratora budynku naszego rachunku wody przez rok wzrosła z 200zł do 700zł. Jednak nie możemy nic zrobić.Ostatnio zacząłem myśleć jestem zbyt krytyczny wobec mojej zdolności mówienia po polsku. Tak, robię wiele błędów gramatycznych i nie jestem biegły w języku, ale mogę komunikować się z większości ludzi, może nie na wysokim poziomie, ale wystarczająco dobre, aby mój pomysł w całym i to jest najważniejsze. Więc jestem zmianę mojego myślenia w tej dziedzinie, będą kontynuować naukę i uczenie się na własnych błędach, ale nie będzie zadowolony z moich postępów.

Również dziś w Warszawie w końcu otworzył drugą linię "Metro". W USA to się nazywa linii metra, bo wszystko jest pod ziemią. W niedzielę, po 9,30, otworzył drugi odcinek linii metra. Prezydent Warszawy podkreśliła, że tego historycznego momentu Warszawie i przeprosił za opóźnienia w budowie. W niedzielę jazdy jest darmowe.



1 comment:

  1. Yes, do NOT short-change yourself.
    I see what you are doing as highly admirable (as I'm sure many of your other blog readers do as well). Other languages are not an easy thing to learn, and Polish seems like it would be very
    difficult to master. You have accomplished a lot through taking on this challenge. I don't think
    anyone who knows a second language ever becomes fully proficient in 'thinking in that language' or tapping into all the nuances (and it is said, understanding the humor of another language is the hardest of all). So, David, yes, DO pat yourself on the back ;~}

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete