Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Sad day!

 
A sad day today. I received news that our oldest surviving Kazmierczak. Bernice Kazmierczak Paulinski, died today at age 99. She was the last daughter of five whose father was the oldest brother of my grandfather. For many years she lived in Chicago until later in life when she moved to Florida with her husband, Daniel. Daniel passed away several years ago. She leaves behind two sons, one daughter and 8 grandchildren. In my early years of research, she sent me many old pictures that I would never had had if not for her.I scanned them all and sent the originals back to her because I believed they should have stayed with her family. We corresponded via emails for over ten years and it was always a pleasure to hear from her. She told me stories of her father and my aunts and uncles that I had never heard before. I am so grateful to have known her.

Smutny dzień dzisiaj. Otrzymałem wiadomość, że nasza najdłużej żyjąca krewna z rodziny Kaźmierczak, Bernice Kaźmierczak Paulinski, zmarła dziś w wieku  99 lat. Była ostatnią z pięciu córek wujka, który był najstarszy bratem mojego dziadka. Przez wiele lat mieszkała w Chicago, aż do momentu, kiedy w późniejszym okresie życia przeniosła się z mężem Danielem na Florydę. Daniel zmarł kilka lat temu. Ona zostawiła dwóch synów, jedną córkę i 8 wnuków. W moich pierwszych latach poszukiwania rodziny,  wysłała mi wiele starych zdjęć, których nigdy bym nie miał, gdyby nie ona. Wszystkie je zeskanowałem  i odesłałem jej oryginały, bo wierzyłem, że powinny zostać w rodzinie. Korespondowaliśmy za pośrednictwem e-maili od ponad dziesięciu lat i zawsze było miło coś od niej otrzymać. Opowiedziała mi historie o swoim ojcu , moich ciociach i wujkach, których nigdy przedtem nie słyszałem. Jestem bardzo wdzięczny, że ją znałem.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:09 PM

    So sorry to read of your loss. What a wonderful long life she lived. Sending you my thoughts and prayers. Linda from Texas

    ReplyDelete

  2. What a wonderful gift she gave you!

    My mother is now 95 y.o. and just about the
    last surviving member of our huge Polish family...and an end of an
    era.

    My condolences to you and yours,

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete