Sunday, March 01, 2015

Mystery?

Joan and I went for a walk in Sołacki park today and on the way home stopped to put gasoline into the car. Leaving the gas station to go home, I forgot to turn on my headlights. When I turned onto the main road an oncoming driver flashed his lights at me to signal my lights were not on. I turned them on and then noticed in the distance was a police officer and another standing next to him. I wasn't speeding and my lights were on then but as I approached them I saw a flash from a camera the second man was holding. They didn't stop me and I proceeded home. Now I am wondering why the picture was taken and if, in the mail, I will get a ticket for not having headlights on before I approached them. I will pay the ticket, of course, if I get one but why didn't they pull me over to give me a ticket? I guess I will just have to wait and check the mail everyday. It's times like this when I wish we had our old Saturn car because it was made with lights that automatically came on when you started your car.

Joan i ja udaliśmy się na spacer w parku Sołackiego dzisiaj i po drodze do domu zatrzymał się umieścić benzyny do samochodu. Pozostawiając stację benzynową, aby wrócić do domu, zapomniałem włączyć moich reflektorów. Kiedy odwrócił się na główną drogę nadjeżdżających kierowca błysnął światła na mnie sygnalizować moje światła nie były. Odwróciłem je, a następnie zauważył w oddali był policjantem, a drugi stojący obok niego. Nie było przyspieszenie i moje światła były na to ale jak podszedł do nich widziałem błysk z kamery Drugi mężczyzna trzymał. Nie zatrzymali mnie i przystąpił do domu. Teraz zastanawiam się, dlaczego zdjęcie zostało zrobione, a jeśli w mailu, dostanę bilet za brak reflektory, zanim zbliżył się do nich. Zapłacę bilet, oczywiście, jeśli się jeden, ale dlaczego nie pociągnąć mnie, aby dać mi bilet? Myślę, że będę po prostu poczekać i sprawdzić codziennie mail. Jest to razy tak, gdy pragnę mieliśmy stary Saturn samochód, ponieważ został wykonany z oświetleniem, które automatycznie przyszli na kiedy rozpoczął swój samochód.

1 comment:

  1. I too have forgotten to do this in Poland and thanked drivers although I had to remember - my lights or cops ahead, or both. My 2004 Toyota Sienna did not turn the lights on automatically. An internet site recommended placing a fuse in a vacant slot to automatically do this and it worked. Higher priced XLE Siennas had this fuse. You can get you mechanic to hot wire the lights to turn on when the car is started.

    ReplyDelete